Chapter 19 : Dolled Up

The next morning Crystal was handed no work as a compensation of the pain and extra hours she went through. Despite being tired, she couldn't sleep well the night before due to all the flashes that whirled in her head.

The hot kiss that she shared with Mr. Deighton had her head caught up in all kinds of emotion and she couldn't deny that it somehow made her feel different and quite... nice. His rough ministrations on her mouth made her knees feel weak and wobbly. The bubbling sensation in her core knocked over against her discretion. The man was so magnetically charming that even his punishing kiss felt so good. He sent a strong wave of euphoria and electrical wave through her entire body. She had never experienced something as such before.

Crystal remembered that he had told her to make up to him by the next day but she didn't know what she could possibly give or do for him. Feeding him pastries all the time wouldn't work either.

It was close to evening when she decided to leave for Reyna's house to finish a pending assignment together. She had completed most of her work whenever she found time but there were certain questions that needed some time, research and discussion.

What her father did last night was still a shock to her. He was so impolite and strict - he held her wrist painfully tight to force his decision upon her and she never thought her own dad could be so aggressive. She wished to attend the ball because she had never been to one. It was a dream to attend a lavish party once where she could meet different people and explore how elites gather and interact.

Crystal walked down the cobbled street, her eyebrows crunched and eyes lost on the way. She wanted to forget whatever happened for once and decided it would be better to take her mind off by meeting Reyna. However, she knew that Reyna wouldn't step back from bringing the topic of ball up and asking her why she couldn't attend.

Her shoes tapped against the ground and she sauntered in more thoughts. Turning her head, she noticed a dress shop. It had a beautiful peach colored dress made of satin and french toile on display. She stood before the display and placed her palm over the glass. She was awestruck by the dress and imagined herself wearing it. Her eyes landed on the price tag which said nine-hundred and ninety.

"About a thousand..." she spoke to herself and blinked. It was extremely costly for her and there was no way she could afford it. Dropping the thought would be a better choice, she told herself.

"Hello, miss! What a pleasant day it is, isn't it?" A man stood beside her with hands clasped before him.

"Oh, ah, yes it is," Crystal smiled nervously and the man's pince-nez sparkled.

"This is one of our best pieces. Prepared by one of the finest designers in Reumaria, I am sure it would make you feel like a real princess," He rubbed his hand and gave a painfully polite smile.

"Ah, you are mistaken, sir. I am not here to buy it," Crystal waved her hand to reason out.

"I am sure if you give it a try, you might what to own that. It's the current trend, miss!" the man clapped his hands in excitement.

"But I'm sorry, it's too costly."

"We surely could give some discount to our charming customer..." he rubbed his chin.

"I still cannot afford it, please pardon me," Crystal shook her head.

The salesman's entire expression switched from pretentiously pleasant to rude and disgusted.

"Then move along! We cannot let uselessly wandering flies around our shop!" The man snapped rudely at Crystal making her flinch at his sudden change of voice and take several steps back.