↳ thin ice #3

Leaving those kids in that condition wasn't exactly how any of them wanted to end their night but there was no better option right now, so off the trio went to what probably be a life endangering plan.

"I was being all 'down with the kids' there, did you notice?" He told Bill, who was the coolest out of them.

"Yeah, my hair was cringing." Ophelia tried to see what had gone so wrong in her opinion but then again she didn't have experience with normal kids to judge if something was 'cringe'.

"Awesome." Apparently neither did the Doctor because he just looked satisfied while leading them back to a wharf.

"Please stop."

As night progressed, the air grew colder around them which didn't seem to bother either of her friends but Bill laced their arms together when she noticed the shivers shaking their most recent companion.

"How are you so cold?" Not even the thick fur lining her coat could properly warm her up, specially because now there was no crowd to provide body heat or fires lit up to be used as a source of warmth. Ophelia had not anticipated this problem.

"My blood pressure was genetically engineered to not get high so my body doesn't get too hot." She used sleeves to cover up her freezing hands. "Rich people really hate being sweaty."

The other girl didn't quite know how to answer to that so they just walked in silence for a few minutes until Bill decided to strike up conversation again.

"So, what's easier to find?" Her inquiry was either not heard or just plain ignored.

"Conjecture." The Doctor slowed down a little in front of them, his body heat greatly appreciated. "There's something frozen under the Thames and it's eating people."

"Okay." Bill agreed on behalf of both girls.

"Proposal." His step got faster as they ascended a small portion of steps. "We need to get a closer look it."

"That sounds good." Ophelia had recovered from nearly freezing by now but still held on tho her friend.

"Plan." He looked at the with a semi maniac smile. "Let's get eaten." 

Both girls froze in shock of his suggestion. That thing had eaten Spider, a perfectly innocent child, now he wanted them to just follow along? Though if he suggested this then he'd probably be able to keep them safe. By the time they got their senses back and reached him, The Doctor had acquired a cart and was unloading parts of diving equipment.

"Is this stuff safe?" Bill's question didn't even make him stop while he handed her a round helmet.

"Potentially." His hands looked for something among stolen possessions.

"Potentially?" Ophelia asked while being handed a baggy jumpsuit. "What does potentially mean?"

"Safe, with a frisson of excitement." She couldn't exactly argue with that.

"Right, but we're not going to be like completely defenseless down there, though?" Bill still held on to that helmet as if it were an anchor.

"No, no, no, no." He paused his scavenging for a quick glance at her. "Well yes. But don't worry about it."

Like that was reassuring.

"Why not?" There had to be a good reason for not worrying if they planned on getting eaten by a possibly alien thing. "What have you got up your sleeve?" The girl from Bristol got so excite she put down whatever was on her hands.  "Oh, my God! Have you been holding out on me? Do you have, like, magical, alien powers?"