Chapt. 45

Neveah's eyes darken as she enters the kitchen, she finds Carlisle pouring a bloodbag into a white cup. He sees her as she tenses.

"So, that's the last of it?" Jacob questions.

"Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow," Carlisle responds after he disposed of the empty back, Neveah's follow the bags movement. "If she's going to have any chance at all, she's gonna need more blood."

"And you need to feed," Esme says. "You have to be at your strongest for her. We need to go tonight."

"Carlisle, you're the enemy now," Jacob says. "Sam won't hesitate. You're not Neveah, you'll be slaughtered."

"Emmett will come with us," Esme says.

"That won't be enough."

"Kira and Rocky can go," Neveah says as she looks at them, her eyes are dark. "They're very protective of the coven now."

"We have no choice, Jacob," Carlisle says. Ehteenajything we can do to save her, we have to try."

Rocky trots in and he rubs against Carlisle's side, who pets the top of the black wolf's head as Esme pets Kira.

"You'd risk your lives for her?" Jacob asksnn

"Of course we would," Esme replies without hesitation. "Bella's apart of our family now."

"Yeah. I can see that," Jacob says. "This really is a family as strong as one as I was born into. I know what I have to do."

"Just don't make them hate me," Neveah demands.

"I'll leave you out of it," Jacob promises. "They adore you too much, and I can't hurt you like that."

Neveah nods and Jacob heads out. Neveah steps onto the balcony with Kira,  Rocky went with Carlisle, Esme, and Emmett. Kira looks out into the woods, sensing them.

Go.

Without having to get told twice, Kira bolts our of the house and takes off running to find her wolf brother. Paul meets Neveah's eyes ubtil Jacob approaches him, but neveah doesn't know but she hears them. Paul misses Neveah.

"This isn't your territory anymore," Paul says from where he and Jake are. "How's the new family working out?"

"You done?" Jacob asks him in a sneer.

"You coming home, Jake?" Quill asks.

Neveah can't listen anymore so she heads inside. She finds Rosalie and Bella. Rose trying to talk her out of baby names, Neveah kind of likes them.

"Hey," Bella greets Jacob as he comes inside. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's not like I'm the one carrying a demon," Jacob replies and Neveah smirks.

"This is pretty important, Bella," Rosalie says, regaining the dying human's attention. "Why don't you tell Jacob what you've decided?"

"What now?" Jake asks.

"Rose is trying to talk Bella out of her baby names," Edward replies before Neveah can.

"She hates them," Bella says.

"Well, then in in your side no matter what you picked," Jacob says, making Neveah roll her eyes.

"They're not that bad," Bella insists. "If it's a boy, EJ. Edward Jacob."

"Okay, fine, that one's not awful," Rosalie replies. "Hey don't you tell him the girl's name?"

"I was playing around with our moms' names. Renee and Esme," Bella says. "And I was thinking... Renesme."