Chapt. 24

Neveah is going back to Sam's the following week since Jess is busy with Mike. Sam said that Nev could come over whenever she wanted, she was always welcome. She has been going over all week after school since her friends are busy with their boyfriends.

So once school lets out for the day, Neveah leaves Forks. . Bella is going back to Jacob and Billy's to secretly work on the bikes. Charlie has no idea so yeah, secret.

Neveah drives to Sam's, and sees Jared waiting almost impatiently on the porch. Jared smiles when Neveah gets out with her school bag. Sam sends Jared on his way as Neveah enters.

"How was school?" Paul asks from the couch.

Neveah grows nervous as she sits in the arm chair. "It was school. How's it supposed to be?"

"I knew you were cool," Paul muses as he sits back.

Neveah blushes and she pulls her maths homework out and sighs. "Stupid trig. Why do I have to take this unneeded class?"

Paul strolls over and sits on the arm of the chair. "I can help you. I was good at trig."

Neveah gives him a look.

"What?" Paul grunts. "I wasn't as popular as I look, y'know."

"Uh-huh," Neveah hums. "Okay, you can help."

Paul begins helping Neveah with the problems. Sam leans against the doorway and watches their encounter as Jared comes back in. He looks over Neveah's shoulder and he fake gags.

"Yuck, trig," he grumbles.

"My thoughts exactly."

Like an older brother, Sam watches Neveah protectively as she works on her trig homework with Paul. Jared plops down on the couch after returning from the kitchen with a muffin Emily made. Neveah eyes the muffin and Jared. Jared eyes her before groaning. The beta hands his uneaten muffin to Nev and he goes to get himself another one.

"Do you have friends in Forks?" Sam asks curiously.

"Yeah," Neveah replies. "They're busy with their boyfriends."

"You're pretty enough for a boyfriend," Paul states.

"No, I'm not," Neveah grunts. "Besides, my boyfriend dumped me before he and his family left Washington."

"What does the R stand for between for first and last names?" Paul asks.

When Charlie adopted Neveah, she changed her name. It's Neveah R. Blake-Swan now.

"Once we become closer, I'll tell you," Neveah muses. "Not many people know my middle name."

"Is it Renee? Rose? Reece?"

"No, no, and no," Neveah replies. "Even if you do guess it's right, I'm not telling you right now."

Paul pouts but he nods. He helps her with the last problem before going to see Rachel in her college dorm, wirh Sam's permission that he got befofe Neveah showed up. Paul smirks at Sam as he passes him, he sees the protective way Sam has been watching Neveah over the past week.

Jared grabs the work Neveah just finished and he furrows his brows as he reads the work. "I'll give you credit, Nev, you have food penmanship."

"Jared, come outside with me," Sam orders after he texts Paul to wait. "We need to talk."

Jared sighs. "Here ya go, gorgeous. We'll be right outside the kitchen if you need us."

Neveah nods as she pulls out her phone. She checks it for any contact from the Cullens and nothing. She has a text from Jess, asking what she's doing.

From: Nev
I'm in La Push since you're with mike and Ang is with Eric. What are you doing?

"Neveah, want something to eat?" Emily asks. "I'm making BLT's."

"Only if I can help you cook," Neveah claims. "I like to cook."

Emily nods, and then she motions for Neveah to join her in the kitchen. Nev spots Sam, Jared, and Paul chatting near the trees. Jared catches her eye and he waves like a small child, an excited glint in his brown eyes.

Neveah scoffs and she grabs the bacon from the fridge. Jared smirks before he returns to the conversation on rathe for not to tell Neveah their secret. She's been around every day for the week. The wolves aren't complaining, they love her company. She keeps them grounded, and Sam is protective over her. Jared and Paul are, too.

"How's your family?" Emily asks as Neveah fries the bacon while Emily cuts the tomatoes and lettuc.

"Bella has been at Jacobs all week, while I've been here," Neveah replies with a grin.

The girls finish cooking and Emily calls the guys in.

"Neveah, can you come back tomorrow, too?" Sam asks. "We need to talk."

Neveah nods energetically before she eats, she smiles at the taste of the dinner she and Emily made. Jared and Paul are joking around while they eat. Sam eats in silence, and do does Emily.

"I better get home," Neveah says as she finishes up. "Do you need help cleaning up, Em?"

"No, ma'am, I got it," Emily coos. "I'll see you tomorrow."

The two hug before the wolves take turns hugging Neveah before she is finally able to leave. Neveah drives to Forks and goes home. She is greeted by a new eleven year old. Hector turned eleven on New Year's Eve, December 31.

"How was La Push today?" Hector asks as he follows Neveah to her bedroom. 

"The guys helped me with my math," Neveah replies. "It was fun."

Hector sits on Neveah's bed with her and he begins telling her all about the day he had at school. This is a daily thing. Whenever Neveah gets back from either Jessica's or the Rez, hector talks a million words a second about his day and his new friends.

And Neveah listens to every single word without looking away from his chocolate brown eyes.