Chapt. 11

Charlie wound up leaving not long after Neveah went upstairs. A man was attacked, one of his good friends. Neveah and Penelope didn't get to comfort him because he stayed at the station for hours. Both females were asleep by the time he got home.

Neveah hugs Penelope before she drives to school. She parks beside Jessica's car and she spots the Cullens across the lot. Conner waves at her.

"Conner! Come here!" She calls.

The brunette grows excited before kissing Alice's cheep and jogs over. "Hey!" He looks at a starstruck Jess and a smiling Angela. "Hey, I'm Conner."

It took everything for Jess not to faint right there. She just gawks after Conner, too stunned to speak. Conner smirks, his ego is growing the more Jessica gawks.

"I'm Angela," the sweet one says with a genuine smile. "The one probably building your ego is Jessica."

Conner looks at Jessica. "Is she okay?"

"She will be," Angela assures him. "You're the first guy in school that Neveah trusts."

"We have similar backgrounds," Conner admits. "Annnnyways.... I'll catch you later, Nev. see you, Angela." He looks at Alice, who nods with a smirk. He gives Jessica a kiss on the cheek, "be good," and he walks away.

"Oh.... my.... god!" Jessica squeals suddenly, making Conner flinch and the other Cullens laugh. 

"He's dreamy, huh?" Neveah smirks. "But he's not the one I'm into."

"Don't we know it," Jessica teases, both Angela and Jess know that Nev's into Jasper. "Let's go before we're late for class."
*[_______________]*

Neveah goes to La Push after school, she is upset because Bella skipped school and ditched her for Edward. She drives to the first beach and she smiles at the waves.

"Nev?"

She turns and sees Jacob and one of the guys from the other day.

"Hey, Jake," Neveah greets as she walks up, meeting the guys half way. "Jake's friend."

"I'm Embry," Jacob's friend says. "It's nice to meet you."

"You, too," Nev replies and she looks out at the water. "The water's beautiful."

"Yeah," Embry replies. "Well, we're gonna go."

Once alone again, Neveah walks closer to the water. She is so glad to be away from her old life in Seattle. The lift where she would be beaten for even looking at one of them, beaten for under or over cooking something, beaten if the chores aren't one hundred percent complete by the time one or the other parent returned.

Paris never hit Neveah, but she let it happen. She'd verbally abuse her, fall her ugly and fat and a disgrace. Paris was the one who broke down Neveah's confidence.

Neveah is still insecure, a lot. She bids her body in a quite a few layers or with makeup if she has to show skin, on pretty days. Larry made it to we're she was to insecure to show her arms.

During the dinner after shopping, Nev showed her scars on her arms to Jess and Angela. She had used a makeup remover to wipe her arms down. Jess had lent her a cardigan to hide them from the strangers in the restaurant.

She had never expected to make friends, but she did. Neveah thinks the world of Jessica and Angela. They're both good girls. Jess can be a bit much at times but honestly, Nev likes that about her. Angela is a sweetheart and it makes Neveah love her even more.

When Bella began liking Edward, she became distant. Toward both her friends and Nev. It makes Neveah sad because she had just began to bond with the brunette but she isn't her first choice, it doesn't surprise her. Nev's still got Jess, Angela, Eric, Tyler, Mike, and the Cullens.

And now she has Jacob and possibly Embry.
...

After spending the day in La Push on first beach, Neveah drives herself home and parks beside Bella's truck. She goes inside and makes herself a salad. Penelope eyes her before she smiles.

"How was your day?" Penelope asks, she knows Charlie got a call about Bella's skipping.

"Long," Neveah replies. "I went to first beach in La Push when school let out."

"I'm glad you're not ditching," Penelope claims. "I got word... the adoption can take anywhere from three to twelve months to be finalized in court."

"That's okay," Neveah replies. "I'm still happy here with Charlie."

Penelope smiles. "Good."

Penelope kisses the top of Neveah's head before she heads back to her apartment in Port Angeles. She and Charlie haven't been together long enough to plan moving in together.

Neveah smiles as she washes her now empty bowl and she heads to her room, passing Charlie on the way up the stairs.