Chapt. 13

"Are you sure?" Neveah asks.

"Go and meet Jasper!" Jessica exclaims, it's the next morning and Jasper said he wants her to come over. "See if you guys can work things out and get together!"

"We need to be home anyway," Angela coos.

"Just don't push us away like Bella has been," Jessica says with a genuine frown. 

"I won't," Neveah promises. "I love you guys."

They all group hug before Jess and Angela leave. Nev dresses in some black skinny jeans, a red and black striped shirt, a black vest and some black converse. It's enough to cover her scars and not too much to burn her up.

Neveah combs her fingers through her wild blonde hair before going downstairs. She smiles at Charlie and Penelope, who are cuddling and watching reruns. She grabs her keys from the table beside the door and she drives to the address Jasper gave her.

Neveah's eyes widen at the beauty and she rings the doorbell. A woman with a heart shaped face and caramel brown hair opens the door. She's got the same eye color as the rest of the Cullens. She looks happy, loving, maternal.

"Is Jasper here?" Neveah asks. "He asked me to come over to talk."

"You're Neveah?" She asks with a smile and Nev nods. "I'm Esme, and come in. Jasper is upstairs."

Rosalie is sweeping up broken glass when Esme leads Neveah upstairs. The blonde smiles at the girl before she continues.

"Hey!" Conner greets as he and Alice come in through a window. "Nice of you to FINALLY visit the home of me."

"Conner, be quiet," Esme scolds. "She's here for Jasper."

"He's in his room," Alice chirps and she grabs Nev's hand. "Come."

Neveah is pushed playfully into Jasper's room and the door is closed. She is suddenly nervous because she is alone with him.

"You came," Jasper speaks, and like that - Neveah's nervousness leaves.

"Yeah... my friends were leaving my house anyway," Neveah replies. "You wanted to.... talk?"

Jasper motions for her to sit on the futon he has, Emmett found it for him somewhere, he wouldn't say where and knowing Emmett, there is no telling. Jasper begins to explain vampires to Neveah and his family's diet.

"The reason I am so... tense at school is because I am the newest to the animal blood diet," Jasper claims. "It is hard for me to be alone with you but also, I know I would never, ever hurt you, Neveah."

Neveah stares at Jasper with wide eyes, speechless. She isn't sure what she can say right now, or what she should. Nev is having an eternal debate on rather she should run and hide in a hole,

Neveah gasps as her chest tightens and her eyes water as her heart rate picks up. "Ca....can't breath."

Jasper rushes over to her as her panic attack begins. The empath kneels in front of her and his cold hands grab her face affectionately. He stares in her eyes and urges her to breath and as Neveah to focus on his eyes and on his voice.

Jasper suddenly throws himself back as his eyes darken, he whimpers and Alice hurries in.

"Jasper, calm down. You won't hurt her," Alice coos as she looks at him. "She's Neveah, look at her."

Neveah stares at Jasper with wide eyes in terror. Neveah lets a tear fall as she looks at her hands, her lips trembling as she releases a shuttered breath. Alice looks at Jasper and he nods, saying he's okay.

"I'll be right outside," Alice says to the pair and she steps out.

"Neveah, I understand that you're scared of me now," Jasper says slowly as he stays against the wall. "But can you say something? Anything?'

Neveah looks at Jasper through her tears. "I wish I never knew this."

"I know, I wish the same thing," Jasper says. "Conner hasn't been lying to you, Neveah. I do like you. I like you a lot."

"I can't, Jasper," Neveah says with a broken voice. "This is all too much. This vampire stuff... I don't know if I can handle it. I like you, Jasper, but I don't know if I can be with you because of what you are."

"Neveah..."

"Please!" She raises her voice to stop him. "Please accept my wishes..."

Jasper bows his head, sadness overwhelming him. It isn't Neveah's, it's his own. Neveah's fear trumps her sadness.

"I'll accept your wishes," Jasper finally speaks. "But give me a chance in the future to prove myself to you. To prove my worth. I cannot be without you in my life, Neveah. I have waited too long."

Neveah steps close to Jasper and he tenses. "This..." she says about him tensing. ".... this is why I can't. You don't trust yourself. Once you trust yourself, it'll all be different. But as long as you don't trust yourself around me, I won't."

Jasper leans into her hand after a moment and he inhales her sent. He opens his black eyes but before he can attack, Alice rushes in and shoved herself in the middle. She had seen the attack.

"Neveah, you were very right about what you said," Alice says to her. "You should head on home, beautiful. Jasper needs to hunt and calm down."

Neveah takes her opportunity and she runs out of the room. She bumps into Conner and she gasps and she backs away quickly.

"Nev..."

"Don't!" She exclaims, tears pouring down her face as she looks at each member of the coven. "Don't," she whispers and she hurries our of the house.

Neveah has calmed down immensely by the time she gets home but she still hurries to her room so that Charlie doesn't see her blood shot eyes. She changes her clothes and buried herself in her blanket and pillows, and she shakes in fear of what she just learned.