Chapt. 36

Neveah holds her breath as Bella sits in the kitchen. Carlisle is wrapping her hurt wrist. Rosalie is looking through newspapers for updates and Neveah is trying her best not to slip. Edward is looking at Carlisle and Bella, concern etched on his face.

"Total misunderstanding," Carlisle murmurs. "It's just a sprain, should heal fairly quickly."

"Trying to walk and chew gum at the same time, Bella?" Emmett  asks as he walks in.

"I punched a werewolf in the face," Bella replies.

"Bad ass..." Emmett muses. "You're gonna be on tough little newborn."

"Tough enough time take you on."

Rosalie slams the news paper down suddenly. She sends a fierce scowl toward Bella before she glances at Neveah.

"Are you ok?" Rose asks, and Neveah tensely shakes her head.

Rosalie glares at Bella once more before she storms out.

"Don't worry about it," Emmett tells her

"Okay, any leads?" Edward asks.

"No sign of the intruder," Jasper replies. "But Victoria continues to make appearances."

"She's toying with us," Carlisle claims. "Keeping us distracted."

"From Seattle?" Neveah asks through gritted teeth.

"Or the intruder," Carlisle claims. "Or something else."

"Alice can keep tracking her decisions, but we have to track her on the ground," Edward says as Bella goes onto the balcony where Rosalie is.

"We've already covered the entire southern peninsula down to Quinault," Jasper states as he touches Neveah's shoulder, he understands her struggle.

"We'll search the northwest trail," Edward says. "We can teach Neveah."
*[_________________]*