Six

Today's Monday and we are in our last class, which is PE class. We're playing volleyball at our court and it's giving me some vibes from a show that I watch, specifically anime. But the difference is, I'm not sporty. Perhaps, the opposite of 'sporty'. In other words, Clumsy and Dumb.

Instead of focusing on the game, my mind suddenly wanders off somewhere. Making me unable to serve nor receive. How amazing!

I was forced to exchange and sit down on the corners to watch. I'm much more comfortable this way, thank you very much.

"Gosh, I'm not suitable for sports" I exclaimed. I grabbed my towel and wiped the sweat on my face.

I watched the game and was impressed by how amazing they carried it out. It's like I'm really watching that show, live! I was so immersed in it that I unconsciously started to sing its theme song. If I could only videotape this, I would surely do so! My classmates are amazing!

It was over and our teacher whistled. Everyone marched towards him.

"Good job everyone!" He exclaimed.

He looked at me "Except for you" he said and I pouted

"Get ready for your dismissal" He looked at everyone.

My classmates went to their places to pick up their things and headed outside. I stood in front of Mr. Choi, our PE teacher.

"Chaeyoung, you'll help me clean. Again." I nodded, as always.

I went to get the net and other necessities. I also picked up some tumblers and towels that were left behind and placed them in the lost and found box. I made sure the balls were complete and arranged properly. After that, I did some basic chore and swept the floor. As I did the last swish of the broom, a sweat came out.

"Done! Finally!" I exclaimed.

Mr. Choi walked towards me and high-fived

"I may not be good at volleyball, but I'm an expert when it comes to cleaning!" I placed my hands on my waist

"Okay! Should I exempt you on our classes then?" he laughingly said

"You should!" I joked and we laughed.

Mr. Choi is one of the teachers that I'm closest with. Simply because we're both into anime. We talked for a while and after that, I went out.

I was unlucky since it rained just after I took a few steps out from the school gate. I didn't even bring an umbrella! How irresponsible of me. I glanced at my wristwatch and saw that it was almost 5 pm.

I really should get home now but, how could I? The rain is starting to get heavier second by second. I tried calling but they wouldn't answer. Great, I'm stuck here aren't I? Just as I thought that hope was lost. I saw someone approach beside me. I stared at that person and saw him dangling his keys, car keys! The parking lot is near here, but how will you get there if he has no umbrella? I was surprised when he took out something from his bag. It was an... umbrella. He opened it and ignored me, leaving me behind.

He was a few steps away from me but I have no choice.

Oh gosh, why must I do this?

"Hey!" He didn't hear me and continued walking.

It's either I sleep here or at home.

"Hey! Please hear me!" I shouted with all my might.

This time he turned around. Yes!

"May I come with you?! I have no umbrella! Please?!"

He stood there for a moment, creating a silence between our distance. Excluding the rain, of course.

I waited for his answer but he didn't look interested. Good Job! Rose!

I turned away for a moment as the rain hit my face. I was starting to shiver because of that man! I faced him again and he still hasn't moved.

"You know..." my lips trembled "You should answer me instead of... standing there!" This is probably my last chance to convince him and if he chooses to leave me then I'll give up. But I'm Rose! 'giving up' is not in my dictionary!

"Come on! Answer! Dim-wit!" I scowled.

"I can't believe I'm about to do this" I sighed and ran quickly towards him. He looked surprised as he slowly made his towards me. My uniform's all wet, I'm so wet all over! Amazing! Amazing indeed.

"What the...?" he finally spoke.

I touched my wet hair and glared at him. I shouldn't be angry at him because this is completely my fault for not bringing an umbrella but if he just answered quickly then I wouldn't be like this.

"Wow! You speak? Gosh! I didn't know!" I said sarcastically while we walked together towards his car.

He stared at me before apologizing.

"I'm sorry," he said softly

But I just nodded.

We arrived in his car and went inside. I sat in the passenger's seat. I scoffed when I saw him without a tad bit of rain droplet, while I'm here looking like a wet chicken!

But since I'm in a stranger's car and practically forced him to ride with me, I should be nice.

"May you, take me home?" I smiled at him. But he just turned his head away when we made eye contact.

"Sure" he said huskily

My ears were shocked to hear his deep voice. I felt like I got blessed!

I told him my address and he drove there without saying anything whatsoever. I tried to keep it low-key and made it look like I'm not interested in him other than getting home but I can't do it. To be honest, I can't stand silence. I'm the type of person who'd rather read books with noise or be part of the noise itself.

"What's your name?" I asked but he didn't answer. I think he's mad at me. Obviously, who wouldn't?

"Okay then, how about what year are you in?" I softly said this time, hoping I would get some reply.

He sighed, eyes still on the road. "Senior" he simply said

Oh? He must know Minseok then. And that explains why he looks so devilishly handsome. I'm not saying that he is, but his face is so perfectly aligned. Like, a perfect sculpture, come to think of it... he reminds me of someone. The boy I saw at the Music Room! Could it be him? Could this be destiny? If it is then it's too cliché for that.

"We're here" he pulled over. I gasped dramatically when I saw that the rain stopped! And he got my address right! I should thank him!

I turned to him but I saw no one at his seat. I almost jumped when my door suddenly opened. It was him who opened it.

"Thanks!" I went down and felt him hold my hand to help me.

I smirked at him. "Chivalry's not dead, I guess" I giggled and went inside. I turned my head and saw him still standing there. I waved goodbye at him and thanked him once again. Although he didn't wave back, I caught him show a ghost of a smile. I smiled back at him and went inside our house.

I feel sticky all over, yuck.

"Oh my gosh! You're here! I'm sorry!" Mom hugged me. I hugged her back and signaled Alice, who stood near us, to join for a group hug.

"It's fine Mom. I caught someone and forced him to take me here" I joked

"Good thing 'he's' nice to actually take you home. If I were that person, I'd leave you at your school" Alice joked too and all of us laughed.

Mom went silent "Wait, 'him?'" she arched her brow. Alice just smirked and left the room.

Well, a typhoon's about to emerge.