Five

I went home, tired. I plopped down on my bed and stared at the flyer. It said to contact Mr. Lee, but who the heck is Mr. Lee? And why didn't they put his number? Grr.

I was getting quite annoyed but I went to get my phone and started scrolling on Facebook. I tried to ease myself and watched some cat and dog videos. Why are they so cute? That should be illegal!

After minutes of scrolling a notification popped up. It was Lisa, she sent me a friend a request. Oh? We're not friends yet? I accepted her and another notification quickly popped up. I wasn't surprised that it was Minseok this time. I accepted him but covered my ears after, when my messenger simultaneously dinged.

I sighed when I saw that Minseok made a group chat with me and Lisa. I immediately muted the chat and groaned. I took a glance at the group name and cringed. Three musketeers? Seriously?

"Oh, wait. Maybe they know Mr. Lee" I thought to myself

To: Three Musketeers

Me:

Hey, does anyone know who Mr. Lee is?

Lisa:

You don't know who he is?

Minseok:

Yeah, you don't?

Me:

Oh wait, sorry for being a transfer student, geez.

Minseok:

Haha, kidding! He's the head of the Music club, why? About the contest?

I rolled my eyes. I'm so dumb, of course, he's the head!

Me:

Yeah, it said to contact him. What do you mean by that? Like, physical contact or through texts or chats...?

Minseok:

Uh, He has a Facebook. And I'm pretty sure they mean "contact" as in, thru the phone?

Me:

Oh right. Thanks!

Minseok:

Sure sure sure

I was about to turn off my phone when I noticed that Lisa hasn't seen the messages yet. She just said one reply and that's it.

Me:

Where's Lisa?

Took a while before Minseok replied

Minseok:

Dunno. I'm doing homework lmao

Me:

Ah, okidoki, good luck!

Minseok:

Thanks!

I turned my phone off looked at my clock. It's 9 pm already. I stood up and went downstairs to prepare for dinner. I started to plan the things I'll do tomorrow. Since it's the weekend I have plenty of free time to do something. After dinner, I quickly went to bed and slept peacefully.

As the sunlight hit my face, my eyes opened. I heard the birds sing which made me even more awake. I sprung up from the bed and washed my face. I went down when I heard my mother shout 'breakfast'

"You're joining the contest?" Mom asked as she took a sip from her coffee.

"Yep I sure am!" I munched down the bacon and eggs, Alice cooked it. Delicious!

"Good luck! I hope you win!" Alice cheered in the air

I laughed "Thanks!" I finished breakfast and went to my bedroom. A jog would be nice. I opened my closet and took out my work-out clothes. Then I grabbed my phone and proceeded outside. I should also go to chat with Mr. Lee later.

I jogged around our street while listening to some music. After jogging I went to get a shower and watched some Korean drama. Tears flowed down on my face when the male lead vanished into tiny particles. The tears went back when I got a happy ending, though. It will take me a while before I can move on, but I can slowly do so. You know what? Korean dramas are so superb, whether it be different genres, they never fail to impress me.

I headed to my bedroom and turned my phone on. I opened Facebook and went to Mr. Lee's page and chatted with him.

Me:

Good Morning Mr. Lee! I'm Park Chaeyoung, a freshman. May I get details for the music contest? Thank you so much!

I know he wouldn't reply immediately that's why I decided to play some guitar while waiting.

My phone then chimed. 

Mr. Lee:

Hello yes! About the contest, let me explain. You'll audition individually on the said date, and to those who will get accepted, they will be forming a band, the school band rather. And they will represent our school in music and such.

Me:

Really? Cool. When is the auds?

Mr. Lee:

We'll post a flyer about that. But for now, you should prepare :)

Me:

Sure, thank you again sir!

Mr. Lee:

No probs.

'No probs'? I laughed. Honestly, I don't know why am I even doing this. Maybe because Lisa and Minseok convinced me too much, or its because I want this. Nonetheless, even with the doubt in mine, I'm sure that I'll win. Although it's not quite clear whether it's winning at the contest or whatever... but it's something. I know it.