One

"Hmm..." I whispered to myself

It was the first day of high school and I arrived early because I didn't want to be late. I might have been a little too early but at least I had some time to go around the school campus.

I fixed my hair and clothes then hopped happily.

The school sounds so deserted. I felt relieved when I saw some students.

I went to the basketball court and saw that there was a game on-going. I sat down on the bleachers and watched how they played. The sound of the ball hitting the floor and the squeaking screech of their shoes made it more interesting. A few students were also watching with their group of friends, and here I am, feeling awkward because I was alone. It was fine, though. At least I got to watch some boys play.

The game ended and I glanced at my wristwatch. 30 minutes left until our first class. I was about to head out when someone shouted.

"Hey!"

I ignored it, thinking that it wasn't for me. But when that person called again and described what I looked like, I turned around.

"Hi!" I was surprised to see a basketball player call me. Although I didn't show it, he apologized for the sudden action. He stared at me for a second before saying something again.

"You're new here! Welcome!" he said happily

Let me guess, is this going to be those romantic cliché moments where the lead girl meets the main guy in a basketball court? Cause if it is, I'm totally not interested.

Might as well ask him. I'm curious anyway "Yeah, how did you know?"

"You're wearing your ID" he said while he stared at my chest.

I felt bothered and furrowed my eyebrows. Then I grabbed my ID lace.

"Sorry" he quickly apologized when he noticed what he did.

"Okay" I simply said, "What about it?"

"Uh, students here don't usually wear their ID..." he scratched his neck

"Oh. Okay, thanks for the information" I walked away but I stopped when he called me again.

"Wait!" I turned around and saw him walking towards me.

"I'm Minseok. I want to be your friend!" he smiled at me

I tilted my head and thought for a moment. A friend wouldn't be bad, I guess.

"Sure, likewise" I smiled back at him before going away to prepare for our first class.

I wasn't expecting that but at least I got a friend.

After school, I decided to look for Minseok, nothing special. I am this delighted that someone wants to be friends with me. I don't even know why I'm doing this, we just met hours ago.

I was headed for the basketball court but was delayed when I passed by the music room. I heard some faint sound coming from the room. It sounded like a piano was playing. But, because I'm a curious cat indeed, I decided to peek inside. There, I saw someone, not far from the door, was a boy, playing a familiar piece called 'Claire de lune'. I recognized it because my mother used to play it to me when I was younger.

I stayed for quite a while and slowly got into the rhythm that I forgot what was I going to do. I sneakily took a glance at his face and was in awe when I felt like I just saw a perfect sculpture. I stared at him for quite a while when I noticed that he was finally done playing. I swiftly went back on my tracks and proceeded to go to Minseok.