chapter fourteen.

Julian woke up from his sleep. He looked around; it was still night time. He could hear the short breaths and snoring come from Peter and the other boys. He ran a hand through his hair, staring at the bottom of the bed that was above him. He quietly pushed himself up, pulling a pair of jeans on and slipped into his shoes. He glanced at the time on his phone: 2:01 am, before tucking  in his pocket. He opened the cabin door, cringing as it made a loud creaking noise. He jogged down the wooden steps and looked around cautiously, he did not want to be caught, especially since it was so early.  He  reached in the chilly air. It was getting colder now. He kept walking, his feet carrying him to the lake. He finally made it to the path, freezing as he heard a group of kids  laughing. His head craned towards the direction of the trees. He quietly made his way to the source of the sound. He could make out the back of a girl's head, surrounded by a large group of kids, who were downing bottles of ahlchol around the fire.

"Do you think we should go look for them? Get it done with?"

He shifted himself to get a better look, and to his dismay, he stepped on a twig.

The kids grew silent.

"Who's there?" A boy said, standing up. "Get out here, now."

Julian cussed under his breath, before revealing himself, his cheeks growing red as everyone stared at him.

"Ah, look at what we have here. A spy. Were you listening to us the entire time?" Another boy said. Julian could have sworn that he was one of the boys Louis was with. "Like some fucking creep?"

"Hell no, I was out for a walk. I couldn't sleep." Julian snapped.

A girl giggled. "Well, if you don't tell anyone that we've been drinking, we'll be kind enough to share." She slurred, raising a shaky hand up to reveal a bottle of vodka.

He looked at the bottle and back at the heads staring at him. His heart skipped a beat. He chewed on the inside of his cheek. "Okay..." He agreed.

"Yeah, sorry that Jordan was being an asshole." Another boy spoke, glaring at the boy from earlier.

"It's fine." Julian approached them and sat down on the log, looking down at his feet.

"Don't be shy, kid. Take a swig." A raven-haired girl shoved a bottle in his direction. He looked up, nervously taking it.

He peered down into the hole at the liquid.

Sorry mom.

He raised it to his lips, before letting the harsh liquid slide down his throat. His face screwed up and he began coughing, handing it back to the girl.

"Aww, he's a first timer!" She giggled. Julian could smell the alcohol from the intoxicated girl's breath.

"Don't... be shy, it's my first time too!" The blonde girl smiled, still slurring.

"You guys are some lightweights, I'll show you how it's done!" Jordan announced, he took the bottle from the blonde girl and threw his head back, gulping the alcohol until the bottle was completely empty.

Julian watched nervously.

"Why so tense? Take it easy, relax. Drink as much as you want." The other boy told him. He wrapped an arm around the innocent boy, holding a bottle to his lips. Julian grimaced and took it from him, forcing himself to down the bottle.

When he was finished he wiped his mouth, his head beginning to pound.
"Fuck..." He looked up, snatching a plastic cup and drank it, enjoying the same bitter taste.

"I think I'm gonna turn in. Night guys." The boy sitting besides Jordan said. He got up and left.

"That's more like it! Get loose party animal!" The black-haired girl jumped up and cheered Julian on.