chapter twelve.

Vivian rolled around in her bed. Blinking against the light that was peering through her curtains. The thoughts of last night flooded her mind. She smiled softly. She finally pushed herself up, changing out of her pajamas and threw on sweatpants and a t-shirt. She went in the bathroom and cleaned herself up. She jogged downstairs, finding her dad snoring loudly, her pug Jamie snoring just as loud, snuggled in the human's arms under the blankets. She laughed quietly. She pulled out some eggs and bacon from the fridge and began to cook.

"What are you doing, Vivvy?" She heard a groggy voice say from the couch. Her dad and Jamie were looking over with hungry eyes. Jamie licked the air, his smudged snout sniffing around to find the source of food.

"Aw, go back to sleep! I was trying to surprise you!" She groaned.

The man frowned. "But it smells so good!" He emphasized the end.

"It'll taste even better when it's done." She chuckled.

She heard a bell begin to ring loudly as snorting came from behind the counter. She gave a dirty look to Jamie as he sat down expectantly, looking at her and to the food with huge eyes. His little curly tail wagging.

"Um excuse me sir, this food isn't for you, you fatty." She told the pug.

He kept staring, licking his lips this time.

"Aww, don't call him fat! It's all muscle." Her dad defended. He bent down to scratch behind Jamie's ears. "You tell her! You're just a growing boy aren't you?"

"Yeah, he's gonna grow up to be a pig." Vivian laughed. She grabbed a spatula and began setting the eggs and bacon onto two white plates.

"Don't listen to that meanie." Her dad bent down to pet his head once more, before opening the backdoor, Jamie rushing out to go play.

"There, breakfast is served." She set down the plates at the small wooden table after turning the stove off. Her dad smiled. "Thanks."

They dug in, Vivian's eyes wandering the house. From where she was sitting, She could see the top of Jamie's head from the window, where he kept ducking in and out of sight. He was chasing a bird around.

"So, how has school been? I haven't been able to see you alot. I finally got today off." The man spoke, taking a sip of orange juice.

She looked up at him. "It's been good. I got a A on my math test."

"Really?! Looks like that studying's payed off!" He grinned. "Anything else interesting happen? Like... do you have a boyfriend yet?" His voice sounded stern.

She stared at him, before breaking out in a awkward smile.

"You do?!"

"Dad." She groaned. "Yes, I do. I don't see the big deal."

He rubbed his beard, thinking. "Just know that you're not going to be doing anything innapro-"

"Ew! I'm not doing anything like that until im an adult!" She almost choked on her food.

"Good. And if he ever breaks your heart-"

"Dad, he's a sweet guy! I don't think he'll ever hurt me or make me do something I'm not comfortable with."

He just nodded. "Yeah, sorry. It's not fair for me to say that. I've never met him."

"Really? He was at the house that night when me and my friends went to the movies."

"Huh?"

"He walked me up to the door."

"Oh... OH that boy!" He facepalmed.