chapter five.

About a week had passed since Peter had been admitted in the hospital room. He had instructions to take it easy so that his stitches won't reopen, and was finally allowed to go back home.

"Thank God you're okay." A tired looking boy said. He fixed his dark brown eyes on Peter.

"Yeah, I'm feeling alot better now, Shiloh."

"That's good. Who did it to you?" Shilog's voice suddenly became hard.

Peter shook his head. "Already took care of it. Don't know if he would be able to even speak correctly, I knocked out alot of his teeth. His face is super messed up."

"How'd he stab you then?" Shiloh asked. He walked over and leaned against the table, His arms folded.

Peter looked up, biting his piece of toast mid-sentence. "Because I wasn't going to stop." He rubbed the crumbs off his fingers. "I wasn't going to stop until he was dead." His voice shook.

Shiloh just blinked slowly. "I understand." He rubbed his temples, sitting down opposite Peter. "I was just worried that things were going to turn out worse for you... if that boy hadn't have found you..."

"Shiloh, really it's fine. I don't need anyone's pity." Peter looked embarrassed. "What's done is done, and im here at the end, still breathing. I'm still alive."

The other nodded. "We were just worried. Especially the little ones."

"How have they been?"

"Sophia...is going through some changes but I think she'll be okay. Emmett's been chewing my ear off every single day." He chuckled. "That boy can't stop talking!"

"Hey! Can to!" A curly-haired boy walked in, his eyebrows furrowed in mock-anger. He crossed his arms. "You're just mad because I talked to a pretty girl and you can't!" He stuck his tongue out.

"Huh?" Peter said.

Shiloh sighed. "We found a park and took the kids there. He made a friend named Jay. Her and Emmett were basically inseparable."

"Yeah! Until we had to go home." The little boy pouted. "But I missed you, Peter!" He walked over, hugging the teenager, who hugged him back fondly.

"I've missed everyone." Peter grinned. "It's good to be back, That hospital smelt weird. It was very cold too."

"Did you get a sticker?"

"No," Peter frowned. "No sticker for me."

"Aww." The boy turned and  skipped away.

"So, you're going back to school tomorrow?" Shiloh asked, getting up to get a glass of water. "Oh! Isn't it your birthday too?"

Peter tapped his foot, deep in thought. He got up, peeking under the stovetop where he kept his fading calender. A big, red circle marked September 6th.

"Oh yeah, it is." He replied.

"Wow, you're going to be sixteen already?" Shiloh asked. "You're getting old!" He walked over to Peter, peering at his chin. "I think I can see some gray hairs coming in."

"Shut up!" Peter playfully punchef the other in the shoulder. "Says the nineteen year old!"

"Hey, I get my beauty sleep. Marina told me that im starting to get handsome."

"Yeah, starting." Peter teased.

"Bully." He went silent for a moment, his cheeks flushing. He closed his mouth again.

"What?"

"Huh?" Shiloh looked over.

"You were going to say something, what is it?"