Randy Cunningham x Energetic! Reader

Hello! I'm back with this amazing, wonderful, great fandom, and this amazing, wonderful, great character. This show deserved a satisfying conclusion! All we got was a sick cliffhanger and I'm still mad, but still love the show to absolute death. Anyway, this one was requested by the amazing, wonderful, great white_skittle on one of my other Randy Cunningham x Reader fics, hopefully the quality of this one is even better than the other ones that I have. In this one you are on the volleyball team for Norrisville High, and you know that Randy is the ninja, so let's get into it. Happy Reading!

You watched the ball closely, not so much the players handling it across the net. The game was currently tied, each side just one point away from the win, and this was the last play. Your body was close to the net, and as the ball flew up, you crouched, and jumped, delivering a killer spike straight down to the other side. The other girl, just below, flinched back, and the ball hit the floor. 

Game, set, match. 

Your feet hit the floor, and a throat-ruining cheer ripped from your throat, and you laughed, loud. Your teammates surrounded you, and you all shared in a group hug.

"We did it, guys!" You yelled, adrenaline fueling your voice, "Oh my god we actually did it!"

Your side of the net was loud, everyone squawking and cheering, slowly, though, everyone was going off to find their parents, and of course, the parents wanted pictures with everyone. You had camera flashes going off from every angle, but you were eager to meet up with someone else. 

Randy, who had come to observe your photo shoot, was the only person you brought to the game with you, because you had made a deal with yourself. 

If you lost the game, you wouldn't ask him out, and if you won the game, you would. 

You had made many such ultimatums with yourself, about several things of varying importance, which high school to go to, where to get lunch with your friends, but this had to be the most pressing of them all. Even as you glanced over at him you could feel your heart begin to race, and your smile at the camera became more genuine. As the sea of mothers began to disperse, you take a deep breath, and approach him. 

"Hey!" You say, and give him a big hug. 

"H-Hey!" The two of you pull back and he smiles, "That was a pretty bruce play back there." 

"What, that spike?" You said, getting ready to brag, "That's nothing." 

"Jeez..." He muttered to himself, "You're..." You're amazing, was what he was going to say, but he stopped himself, wondering if it would be weird.

You were about to ask yourself what he was going to say, when a shriek cut through the air. Everyone in the gym turned, and saw that one of the girls from the opposing team was beginning to transform, her skin turning furry as she began growing. She looked directly at you, right in the eyes, and began marching toward you. Randy threw himself in front of you, but was quickly swatted to the side, hitting the metal bleachers with an ugly crash!

"Randy!" You yelled, then narrowly dodged as the girl swiped at you, "What's your problem you no-good piece of- agh!" Once again you jumped back, then tried to punch her, but your fists seemed to do no damage, and you were finally wrapped in the monster's crushing grasp. You pounded even harder on the stanked girl's hand, to no avail. 

You looked cautiously over to Randy, who was slowly bringing himself up. By now, the gym was almost completely empty, and the only two people within hitting range was you, and Randy. 

Randy had dragged himself upward, after which he reached into his bag, and pulled out his ninja mask, then pulled it over his head. The wraps unfurled from his mask and wrapped around his body, and he could feel his body righting itself. At last, he was able to stand up without any difficulty, and drew his sword. Sensing the threat, the girl held up a volleyball, seemingly from nowhere, and threw it. The ninja nimbly dodged, and you tried your best to distract her as the ninja slashed away, waving your hands and clawing at her. At some point, you were tossed to the side, but landed against the matted side of the wall. 

The ninja yelled your name, then turned to the monster and, in a fit of fury, slashed at her jersey, which caused her to fall back as green smoke leaked from her pores. Normally, he would stick around to make sure she was okay, but you were more important. Luckily, you were perfectly fine, if not for an ache in your back. You jumped right up, and the tables were turned, as you began asking the ninja if he was okay. He laughed and assured you that he was just fine.

The girl was crumpled on the floor, her jersey newly intact, and looking around blankly at the now dirty and destroyed gym. It took a good hour to get everything explained to her, and to get her to her parents. When all was said and done, the ninja wrapped his scarf around the flag, and flew off into the night, as Randy reappeared soon after. 

"Are you sure you're alright?" He asked.

"Yep!" You raised an arm and flexed your bicep, "I'm stronger than I look" 

He smiled, "I'm impressed."

"Thank you," you laughed, then held out an arm, "Walk me home?" 

"Walk me home." He replied, and both of you laughed, as you two were neighbors. 

The two of you chatted as you set off into the pitch-black night, and as you neared home, you realized that now would be the best time to fess up. Porch lights glowed on empty suburban streets, and the air was thick and fresh, autumn leaves crunching beneath your feet. The atmosphere felt like a dream, almost unreal, and in a moment of subsided excitement and vulnerability, you stopped in your tracks. Randy took a few steps, then stopped and turned, confused. 

"Randy..." Your voice had gone soft for the first time that night, "I... I have to admit something." 

Randy furrowed his brow and closed the distance between you, "What's up?" He had his serious voice on, which only made things more awkward. 

"It's... well..." you tried your best to just spit it out, but something was stopping you, a bubble of anxiety in your throat that just wouldn't let the words go. To compensate, you made a few aggressive hand motions, as if trying to pantomime what you wanted to say. 

The furrow in his brow deepened with his concern, and he mimicked your motions halfheartedly, "What?" 

"No, it's just... I..." You took a deep breath, and tried to clear your mind, "I like you." 

Randy's heart skipped a beat. He had hoped you meant what he thought you meant, so he responded, "I like you too." 

"No but like," you made a sweeping motion, "a lot." 

"Yeah, you too, a lot."

You laughed, and he laughed, and then you two held each other close and laughed. The loudest thing in that dark neighborhood, but you didn't mind.

"So are we, like, a thing now?" Randy asked.

"I don't know." You replied, "Are we?" 

"I'd like us to be." 

"I think I'd like that, too." 

"It's a thing then." 

He chuckled.

"We're a thing then." 

Woop! Cute little thing, took me a while, but I got it all wrapped up in a cute way, I think, hopefully y'all like it, especially you, white_skittle:). Also, just found out ATLA is on netflix, so I've started binging it feverishly and I forgot how much of a crush I have/had on Zuko, so I might write a oneshot about that, whether y'all like it or not. As always I am taking requests via comments/dms, and as for the people who read all my RC9GN stuff, what would y'all think of a longer fic in the form of another story? I've got a long, old x Reader in my Google Docs that I wouldn't mind fixing up if people are interested, so let me know if you might be into that. Anyway, love y'all, thank you so much for your support, and I'll see you when I see you!

-edlover524