Luke Triton x Young! Reader

So in this one I'm going for child-like charm. So, uh, I went through some forums, ones debating Luke's age, and there are some mixed results, so for this fic I'm going to say that both you and Luke are thirteen. Okay? Okay. Alright. Happy reading!

2nd Person POV

F/F = Favorite flavor

You sat outside Gressenheller.

You glanced at the tiny watch wrapped around your wrist, then muttered, "Ten minutes." You decided you were going to give him ten minutes to get there, or you would leave.

Nine minutes passed.

A subtle nervousness passed over you. You couldn't help but be nervous.

Your first-ever date, and your crush had asked you on it.

Luke Triton, how dare you be late.

It was totally ungentlemanly, you thought, the gentleman in training might need some work.

Then, just as you were about to turn, go home, and never speak to your best friend ever again, he dashed out of Gressenheller, and ran at you as fast as he could.

"Hello, Luke," You said, dryly. "You wanted to meet at three thirty, isn't that right?" You tapped on your watch, which now displayed four o'clock.

"I'm really, really sorry," Luke apologized, "I didn't mean to be late, especially not this late."

When he apologized to you like that, in the greuling puppy dog way, you couldn't stay annoyed even if you tried.

"I-Its fine, you know. I was just... being hard on you." You muttered, your face heating up, "A-Anyway!" You blurted, "What, uh, what are we doing?"

Luke had told you to meet him here, in front of Gressenheller, but as for afterwards, you had no idea.

"Right." Said the short, blue boy, adjusting his cap, then he pointed to the right, "This way, there's an ice cream cart, the best one in London."

"Oh?" Unwillingly, your lips curved up into a smile, you loved sweets almost as much as Luke did.

Almost. No one could top Luke.

Luke marched on, and you were by his side.

"So, uh..." Your conversation skills weren't exactly top-notch, as you had never been on a date before, "why were you late?"

"Well, you see..." He said, like he was about to tell an embarrassing secret, "I, uh, didn't tell the Professor I was going on a date." He rubs the back of his neck.

You snorted, "Not the best move for being on time, now, is it?"

"I ended up explaining to him that I was hanging out with a friend, so he gave me some money and sent me on my way," He reached into his pocket and produced a twenty pound note.

"That's too much for ice cream." You comment.

"Well, the Professor's a generous man, that's part of what makes him a gentleman."

"You know what else makes a man a gentleman?" You smile.

"What?"

"Being on time."

Luke pouts, you chuckle, and eventually, he chuckles along with you.

"Oh! Over here!" He points to a stand, decorated with cheery pastel colors and delicious-looking ice cream.

Both of you walk up to the stand, which, oddly enough, doesn't have a line, Luke lets you order first.

"I'll have two scoops of F/F, please." You say to the smiley man, who gladly scoops some up, then gives you the cone, "Thank you."

Luke then orders his own, "One scoop of mint chip, and one scoop of vanilla, please." The smiley man does the same for Luke as he did for you, and Luke thanks him just like you did, "Thank you." Then, he pays, and gets some amount of change that he crinkles and shoves in his pocket.

Then it's just the two of you, wandering London like the natives you are, chatting like friends who totally aren't on a date, even if you totally are.

"How's your ice cream?" You ask.

"Good," Luke responds after a lick, "Do you want some?"

"I'd rather kiss you directly." You say, before your brain can even process how much you really shouldn't have even begun to say that. You felt fried, and couldn't recover, no matter how much you stammered, "I-I-I mean... Uh, w-well, y-you know, I..."

Luke's face was so red, it was alarming.

You guys sat in silence for a moment.

"S-Sorry," You muttered.

"N-No it..." He looked down, "I-It's okay..."

Not able to keep your sassiness out of any situation, you instinctively replied, "Oh?" Barely a syllable, not even a word, but you swore it sparked something.

"...Can I kiss you?" Luke asked, so quietly that it barely hit your ears.

The park was full of people, but no one would notice a peck between the young couple.

"...Sure," You said, despite your general inexperience, how difficult could one little kiss be?

Neither of you were sure how to start, so you moved in, slowly. Luke closed his eyes, you did too. And, to be honest, you almost missed his lips.

But it happened. Quick. Like it was stolen. A quick touch, and a disappearing act, they kept walking, almost like saying, no, nothing to see here.

But still, the lingering feeling of heat from the other's lips, and soft, fond smiles persisted, no matter how much either of you tried to suppress the happiness that caught in your throats and made your hearts pound.

And, you had to admit

That Luke's ice cream was pretty good.

This one was requested by the wonderful and amazingly supportive Nintendogirl123. She has an ongoing Luke Triton x OC fic going on, so if that's something that interests you, I recommend it. So, yes, I think this is adorable, I was trying to think of Stranger Things sort of(Season Two was really fucking good). Anyway, anyway, if you guys have more requests (Professor Layton or otherwise) comment or DM me, and if you like the Professor, I actually have a full-length Professor Layton x Reader book ongoing right now, so check that out if that interests you. I've been talking for awhile, so thank you for reading, and hopefully I'll be posting on this story again sometime.

-edlover524