Jean Descole x Reader

I believe this is the picture's original artist: http://k-g-m.deviantart.com/

Alright! New update, and so soon! Usually these things take months! I've actually just finished Last Specter about thirty minutes before writing this, so the character is relatively fresh in my mind. Also, I'm super pumped just in my personal writing, because a story that I've had in my head for a while is starting to take form. Anyway, I had a few ideas for this particular oneshot, but I've settled for this one to keep the man shrouded in mystery.

2nd Person POV

Jean Descole. He insisted you knew nothing about him, but that couldn't be further from the truth.  You knew everything about him, more than he knew himself. You saw all of his blunders and faults, his flaws and his strengths. After all, nobody spent more time with him than you. You were always there to see whatever he was planning. To learn from him. As much emotional intelligence as you had, you could never live up to his sharp wit. Well, maybe if you had put more effort into your studies when you were still in school... 

Nevertheless, Descole had his own soft spot for you. Sure, it had taken a few years to develop, but you never left his side, and that was something that he needed more than anything. You filled a void that his ever-faithful servant couldn't. An ever-faithful servant who, to be honest, you couldn't remember the name of for the life of you. 

You carried a book with you wherever you went, you were reading one such book now, a fictional story--you much favored fiction over non-fiction, unlike Descole--about four witches in training. You were so wrapped up into the plot that it took you a second to snap out of it once Descole started talking. 

"Y/N, what am I doing wrong?" 

"Hm?" You hum in question, not quite understanding. 

"Somehow, Layton is always one step ahead of me." He explains, and then repeats the question, "So, what am I doing wrong?" 

"Oh." You don't want to answer right away, even Descole could get like this sometimes, when he subjected himself to quiet reflection and contemplation. Just enough can make you better, but too much can drive you to the brink of insanity. "I... Listen, Jean, just because Layton gets the best of you sometimes, doesn't mean that you're not smart, or-or that you're not going to succeed. It just means..." You can't put what you want to say into words. The feeling is like blobs in a lava lamp, unable to take real form.

"What? What does it mean?" He's desperate for answers that you can't truly give him. 

"It means that..." You can't do it. You can't give him an answer or some twisted false hope. You can't give him anything but company, "It means something. I don't know what it means, or what it symbolizes, but it has to mean something." 

He takes a deep breath that sounds more like a long sigh. He stands up and with a flick of his cape, he's across the room. The door creaks open and closes with a heavy slam

You hang your head and bite your lip in silent contemplation. You had no doubt in your mind that he wanted to be alone right now, but should he be alone? You stand, your hand still resting on your book. You run your hands through your hair and chase after him. 

You jog out into the hallway and see Descole walking down the hall. You've started jogging.

"Jean!" He stops, you catch up in a second. "Jean. I-I'm sorry." You clear your throat, "I didn't mean to be so rude or unsure. I'm sorry."

His lips are pressed together in a line. You can't see his eyes, but if you could, you can just imagine the look he would have, "Y/N. If-if you had the chance, would you... leave?" He asks. 

"No." The response was instant. You didn't even have to think. This man couldn't drive you away if he tried. 

"Really?" He gives the smallest of smiles, "What if I told you something big?" His tone changes from monotone to dramatic. Like he's putting on a show, "Something you would never see coming?"

He's got you curious, you have to admit. "Like what?" 

"Like... you mean the world to me." He pauses. You blush.

"Is that all?" 

"And I want to give you the world." He smiles even wider, "I will give you the world. Even more than that. And I think you're beautiful. Everything about you, head to toe." 

You giggle and try to cover your face. You can't even begin to think of a way to thank him. He doesn't let you. He keeps talking.

"If you left me I would die. I could never be the one to leave you." 

"D-Descole..." Tears of joy build up in your eyes.

"I love you." 

You kiss him. You jump to him, and you kiss him. He kisses back. Holding your waist as your hand gently holds his face, you pull back softly, hesitant, "I love you, too." He pulls back his mask and you see how handsome he is.  

The two of you kiss again. And then you just sit in his lap. The future isn't certain. Nothing is. Neither of you know what any of anything means. Or what's going wrong. Or what the point is. Because it doesn't matter. The two of you will succeed. Together.

Requested by @RequiemOfAngels 

This one was short. And a bit OOC. But I went for cute and I think I did it, maybe? You guys can be the judge of that. Also, holy shit, guys, I keep meaning to mention all of the votes and reads on this oneshots thing because holy shit. I'm super honored that you guys, like, vote on this and check in on it and even read it in the first place. As of right now this thing has 641 reads, and 13 votes. I am super impressed and so glad that you guys keep giving me requests and stuff to keep this going. You guys are great, and keep the requests rolling in!

-edlover524