Chapter 8 : Lost Stars ★☆★☆★

𝅘𝅥𝅮♫𝅘𝅥𝅮

Fear, Anger, Sadness, Joy....

There are many emotions I have felt.

But when you sing I feel something else. 

𝅘𝅥𝅮♫𝅘𝅥𝅮

Your voice transports me back in time,

And after you belt out the last note I am left wondering...

If we were together...

in our previous lives. 

𝅘𝅥𝅮♫𝅘𝅥𝅮

Perrie's POV: 

Perrie's POV: 

The stars really must have it out for Jade and I. For the millionth time within twenty-four hours, we are running frantically, hoping to escape a sticky situation. We sprint for ten or so minutes until we are separated from the remaining people inside the hotel. Ironically the half-dressed people emerging from the rooms of "Modest Motel" didn't seem very modest. But hey, who am I to judge. I am just pleased to not have to deal with the police when we haven't intentionally done anything wrong.

"We should head back to the station", I say, whilst trying to catch my breath and letting go of Jade's hand.

Unlike the previous time, it wasn't awkward letting go. Nor was it uncomfortable to hold her. It was almost instinctual as if just the simple embrace of her fingers could protect me.

"I checked the train station when I was leaving; the earliest ticket available is for next week. I think it's better to bus", she replies. She rests her hands on her waist, whilst puffing.

Crap a week. That is way too long and it will put everything else on hold. I need to get home as soon as possible and therefore to Alex.

"Perrie?" Jade asks looking uncertain, as she taps my shoulder.

"Sorry I was just thinking. You are right, we should take the bus. I haven't taken it before but I am certain it takes less than two days to reach Winter Bay by road".

"Great let's get a cab to the station, I don't think we have done enough running for a lifetime".

I check the clock on the taxi's radio as we arrive at the bus station. We have another three hours until the journey begins. Miraculously the door of our required bus is open, allowing us to lie down and get some sleep beforehand. I am surprised that Jade hasn't commented on her reluctance towards wanting to come with me. She seems to be in a better mood. I knew burning the photo of her ex would help. I remember when Demi made Halsey burn Gerald's photo. Just like Jade, Halsey thought the idea was stupid but she couldn't deny it worked. However, I am certain Jade's pain is not limited to heartbreak. There must be another reason behind her miserable expression.