Chapter 44

Glimmer blinked. "I'm sorry..." she drawled. "But did you just say that you want to break up with me?" 

Cato nodded in reply. "Look," he started out with. "I'm sorry Glimmer, I really am. I know that prom is important to you and you've been looking forward to tonight for a long time, but I can't do this anymore. It isn't your fault. There was nothing you did to make me come to this conclusion. I just don't feel this way toward you. You're a great girl and I'm pretty sure you'll find the right guy." Cato tried to let her down easy, he did not want a pissed off Glimmer on his hands. But he feared that was what he was going to get. 

"It's Clove, isn't it?" Glimmer shrieked, balling her hands up into fists and tapping her foot on the ground impatiently. When Cato didn't respond, Glimmer rolled her eyes. "Are you freaking serious?" Glimmer hissed through gritted teeth. "Come on Cato!" she shouted, throwing her arms up in the air. 

"Clove doesn't love you! She can't love you! You said it yourself, she hates you! Why would you choose her when you could have me? Let's be real for a second. Clove can't give you anything. I'm way better than she is! I mean, seriously Cato? She'd even be too scared to have sex with you!" 

It was Cato's turn to get mad. "Sex?" he sputtered out. "You think this is all about sex? News flash Glimmer, it's not! I don't want to date you anymore because I don't love you! I want Clove because I am in love with her!" 

Glimmer folded her arms over her chest, glaring at the boy in front of her. "You're wrong," she pointed out as she shook her head. "Trust me when I tell you this, Cato. That girl isn't capable of loving. She has no heart. And when you try and make your move and she just pushes you away, I'll be right here to tell you that I told you so. Stop acting so stupid and open your eyes. She's brainwashed you and manipulated you. I just hope you can see that before it's too late." 

On that note, Glimmer stomped away from Cato. She was seething. How dare Clove! Cato was Glimmer's!

Prom wasn't turning out how everyone thought it would. 

***

Clove grinned as her friends practically tore the dance floor up with their crazy moves. Even Johanna was having a good time as everyone laughed when Marvel got down and did the worm. Clove smirked from their table as she took another sip from her drink. She just wasn't in the mood for dancing at the moment. 

Clove glanced around the room to see if she could find Cato or at least Glimmer, seeing as she would practically be clinging on to him. But alas, the two blonde teens were nowhere to be found. Clove couldn't help but shutter. The thought of Cato and Glimmer doing... well... things... crossed her mind, and it made her sick to her stomach. 

Clove's hand inched its way up to her neck absentmindedly, only to discover her locket was not hanging from her neck. "Duh," she mumbled to herself. "I gave Cato my locket back." 

Cato. The thought of him made Clove's cheeks heat up and her stomach do a flip flop. She didn't know how to feel when it came to him. Sure, she still loved him, there was no doubt about that in her mind. It was just the fact that he wasn't tying hard enough to win her back. At least, not as much as one would expect him to. If Cato really cared about Clove, then he would stop at nothing until he set things right. 

When Cato Hadley wanted something, he would stop at nothing to get it. Clove knew this because she knew him like the back of her hand. Well, the old him. The Cato that made her blush and smile and laugh and open up to him. The walls she built up around herself were climbed by the blonde, and he was the only one who knew every single secret she had. He knew about her hopes and dreams, her worst fears. He knew everything about her. And he just threw it all away like it wasn't worth anything. 

Clove's eyes fell down to her lap. She suddenly felt the urge to break down in tears. But no, she couldn't do it in front of everyone. She needed to go to a place where no one would suspect she would be. And besides, everyone was at prom. And if she just told her friends she dodn't feel well, which wasn't a lie, they wouldn't think twice about it. After all, they were having way too much fun. 

Clove Sevina left the prom with only one place on her mind. 

Okay everyone! Write this down in your calendars folks! Drum roll please......

I FREAKING TRIPLE UPDATED!

My fingers are killing me right now from all of this typing, but I couldn't care less. I did it! Woo! Does this mean my next goal is doing four in a row? Oh God...