Chapter 23

Clove's eyes fluttered open, and it took her a minute to remember where she was. That's right, she thought, I slept over at Cato's. 

Clove shifted her body, only to find that Cato wasn't laying next to her. They fell asleep together in his bed the night before, after he had comforted her when she woke up screaming. Just a best friend being a typical best friend. Nothing more, nothing less. 

Clove could very faintly hear the noise of rushing water from the bathroom, as well as some humming. Cato was taking his morning shower. He needed to take one every single morning to wake himself up, and he always hummed. No matter if he realized he was doing it or not. Clove smirked, knowing that it was one more thing she knew about Cato compared to Glimmer. 

Glimmer really didn't care about him. No, not like Clove did. While Clove would sit there and try to figure out and match the tune the boy was humming, Glimmer would most likely act like a stripper and join him under the faucet. The mere thought of it made Clove almost sick to her stomach. 

Clove decided to lay in bed for a little longer, seeing as she just couldn't bring herself to get up yet. She had a long night last night. After she woke up, Cato had taken at least fifteen minutes to calm her down. After that, he had fallen asleep, but Clove hadn't. She sat up next to him, her thoughts taking over her mind. She fell asleep an hour later, making her exhausted that morning. 

The shower turned off, and she could hear the buzz of Cato's electric toothbrush. She sighed, looking at the clock on the bedside table. Seven o'clock was too early to wake up, in her opinion. Clove was so tired that she didn't hear the bathroom door swing open, or the sound of Cato's feet on the floor. 

Much to her horror, she opened up her eyes right as he came up to the doorway. 

"Shit!" she exclaimed, immediately clamping her eyes shut and diving underneath the covers. "Cato Alexander Hadley!" she yelled, voice slightly muffled. He cheeks were turning a crimson color, both in embarrassment and fury. 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" Cato responded with a chuckle. "I'm walking into my bedroom." 

Clove snarled and glared, even though he couldn't see her. And thank goodness he couldn't. He would probably make fun of her blushing. She wasn't supposed to blush, because that's what girly girls did. Clove wasn't like that. 

"Naked?" she shuddered. "When you knew I was still in here!" Cato sighed, getting a pair of jeans out from his dresser. "Firstly, I didn't know you were still here," he pointed out. "And secondly, I was not naked. I had a towel wrapped around my waist." 

"Yeah," Clove spat, still feeling flustered. "But you should have brought clothes with you into the bathroom." 

Cato, now completely dressed, sat on the edge of the bed. "Why are you overreacting?"he asked, eyebrows raised. "Just forget it," Clove said. "Are you decent now, you asshole?" she grunted. 

"Yeah," he said, smiling. "I'm decent." Clove crawled out from under the covers, only to be met by Cato tickling her. 

***

Glimmer Hills knew she was different from Clove Sevina. So, extremely different. For example, Clove yelled at Cato when he walked into the same room she was in with just a towel on. Glimmer, on the other hand, would have smirked, walked seductively up to him, traced her finger down his chest until it reached the rim of the towel, and yeah, you know what would'e happened next. 

Glimmer knew that they were totally different girls, and Cato liked Clove. Glimmer just had to make him like her better. And with Clove supposedly helping Cato to woo her, it wouldn't be to difficult. 

***

Clove stood in the skating rink, scowl on her face. Cato was supposed to meet her there an hour an a half ago, and Clove was pissed off. He had never been that late before. And if he would be, he would at least call her or even shoot her a quick text. 

Clove rolled her eyes, starting to pack up her belongings. "Stupid, stupid girl," she muttered, her tone bitter. "How naive. To think that he would choose you over Glimmer."

Clove stomped out of the girl't changing room, dead look in her eyes She stormed out of the building, greeted by an icy blast of could air. If Cato had come, he would've given her a ride home. But now, she had to make the trek home thought the snow, while it was still falling from the sky. 

"Screw her," she mumbled, pulling her coat higher up around her neck. 

I am so sorry for not updating sooner! My crazy teachers just think that it's cool to give us excessive amounts of homework. 

Okay, thanks to everyone who voted for Promise Ring It means a hell of a lot to me. Unfortunately, I did not win. But, I guess that was to be expected. I mean, the girl who won is a nineteen year old in college, and I'm not, so the playing field wasn't leveled. But I did make it in the top ten, and that's all I was really hoping for. 

So, as many of you already know, the Watty Awards are creeping on up. I have a question to ask involving that: What would you guys think if I entered this in the Wattys? You can enter fanfiction, so we shall see. 

But I'm kind of upset. I have this great idea but I don't think I'll be able to both start and finish it by the deadline for the Wattys. But maybe I can enter it next year. But trust me, this thing will be worth the wait! Sorry for my long blurb!