Chapter 26

"No." 

"Why not?"

"Clove, I am not wearing this."

"Come on Marvel! Do it for Cato!" 

"I don't care if this was to save his damn life. I am not wearing this shit." 

"Just show us! It can't be that bad!" 

A sigh came from his lips, but the teenage boy opened his bedroom door anyway, and came face to face with all of his girl friends. He was dressed in a white toga, wearing olden sandals, golden helmet, and angel wings. Clove folded her arms across her chest, eyeing him up and down. 

"Oh my gosh," Jackie whispered. 'What on earth did you do to my boyfriend?" Clove didn't get the chance to answer, because a voice from down the hall cut her off. "He isn't the only one." 

Peeta made his way towards the group, glum expression across his face. He wore the same outfit as Marvel did, and neither boy looked happy about it. 

It was almost time for The Valentine's Day Dance, and Cato came up with a plan to ask Glimmer to it. After school, he was going to meet her in the auditorium and serenade her. His friends were all in on it, and someone had the idea of strapping two people up and having them fly in a big white banner. Since it was Valentine's Day, angels came to mind. And Marvel and Peeta fit the bill. 

"We are not doing this," Marvel declared, stern look on his face. "Seriously?" Clove huffed. "It isn't that bad..." 

"Clove?" Marvel said. "What?" she replied. "I feel like Cupid that just got an arrow stuck up his butt." 

"Good," the girl told him with a cheeky grin. 

Finnick came down the hall, and when he saw his friends, he burst out into fits of laughter. "Oh my gosh!" he exclaimed, his face going red. "Y-You should see yourselves! Oh! I think I'm gonna die! This is so worthy of going on social media." 

Clove turned toward him. "Since you think our idea is so hysterical," she hissed. "Then you can trade places with Peeta." Finn's mouth fell wide open. "Oh, I'm serious," Clove said, and Peeta let out a sigh in relief. 

"Why can't I switch with him?" Marvel whined, his bottom lip jutting out. "Because," Peeta said smiling, fist bumping the tiny rave haired girl. "Clove's in charge. And whatever Clove says goes." 

"Katniss," Clove looked toward her friend. "I like your boyfriend. He does what I tell him to." Marvel stuck his tongue out, and slammed the door in their faces. 

***

Clove peered out from behind the garbage can, waiting for Cato to arrive at his locker. Her hands shook, and she chewed on the inside of her cheek anxiously. What if he finds out it was me? she thought. What if he hates me? 

Cato just then came into her view. He was walking down the hallway with Gloss, and the two blonde boys burst out into laughter at something Gloss had said. They parted ways, and Cato headed up to his locker. He quickly did his combination, and swung the door open. 

The small, folded up piece of paper floated down to the ground. A very puzzled Cato bent down to pick it up. He read it, and a smile broke out onto his face. Clove blushed, knowing that he liked what was written. 

Glimmer came flouncing up, and gave Cato a kiss on the cheek. "Hey," Cato said, returning the favor. "Thanks for this," he said, gesturing to the piece of paper in his hand. At first, the blonde girl looked confused, but then she smirked, tossing her hair over her shoulder. "Oh, no problem," he said, batting her eyelashes. "I just wanted to tell you how much I care about you." 

Clove balled her hands up into fists, and felt her temper rising. She was about to explode when the couple before her shared a peck on the lips. 

"Bitch!" Clove yelled, banging her hand on the trash can in frustration. Half of the students in the hall turned to look at her, most with shocked expressions. Clove glared. "Oh, so what. A girl hiding behind a trash can isn't normal?" No one moved. She sighed, shaking her head as she stood up. She turned her head, and Cato and Glimmer were both gone. 

"I hate love," Clove muttered to herself, clutching her heart shaped locket in her hand. "I absolutely hate it." She kicked the garbage can in annoyance, and snarled. 

Clove couldn't help but notice the note she wrote Cato on the floor. He must've dropped it. 

Cato: 

You may think you're not perfect, but you mean so much to me. You make me laugh, you make me smile. You're my everything, I don't know what I'd do without you. I feel like I can tell you anything, and that you'll be there for me no matter what. 

Love, someone who cares about you. 

Here is another update! I feel so proud of myself! Two update in two days. 

So, I read something small that I wrote in language arts to the rest of the class, and I got a round of applause. Everyone was staring at me, and it was kind of embarrassing. And I've got a round of high school placement tests tomorrow, but it's a half day. So I suppose that is something to look forward to. I will hopefully update tomorrow. 

I have a quick question. 

NaNaoWriMo/30 Day Writing Challenge: Write The Slaughter House or rewrite and revise and completely improve The Ring Pop Wars? Drop a comment down below. Thanks!