Chapter 27

Clove didn't just write Cato one note, oh no. She wrote him more. Way more. She would leave them taped to the outside of his locker three times a day. She figured if he thought it was Glimmer, he should keep thinking that it was Glimmer. By doing this, Clove made Glimmer look desperate. Or at least, in her mind it did. 

The dance was coming up, and coming up fast. Much to Clove's dismay, all Cato could talk about was Glimmer. Glimmer this, Glimmer that. It got to be quiet annoying. 

It was the middle of the night. Clove stared at her reflection through the mirror in her bedroom, hand clasped around the locket hanging from her neck. She sighed. The following day was the day that Cato was going to ask the ditsy blonde cheerleader to the dance. And not Clove. 

The raven haired beauty could remember the very first Valentine's Day Dance that she went to with her best friends, when they were just a pair of freshmen. 

Flashback:

Clove Sevina's lips broke into a smile as soon as she heard her doorbell ring. She sprang up from her bed and dashed down the stairs. She then swung her front door open, only to find Cato Hadley leaning against the door frame. "Hey, Clover," he said, pulling her into a hug. "Hey!" she said back. 

"Mom," she called over her shoulder. "I'm going!" "Bye, sweetheart!" Mrs. Sevina called back before Clove joined Cato outside. 

It was a very cold February night. Clove of course had a jacket on, but instead of a fancy pair of heels, she had on boots. The two teenagers decide to boycott the whole idea of dressing up, and wore casual clothing. 

They went down the driveway to Mrs. Hadley's car. The two hopped in, only to be greeted by a very peppy blonde woman. "Hi, Clove!" she said, casting a glance to the girl in the back seat. "Hi!" the raven haired girl said back, putting her seat belt on. 

"All ready?" 

"All ready," the best friends responded, before the car lurched backwards. 

Clove smiled slightly. They had a great time that night. They danced, they sang, and they stuffed their faces full of candy. It was one of the best night's of Clove's life, she had to admit. 

Unfortunately, February fourteenth would no longer be a fun night in her mind. 

***

Peeta did not like Glimmer. 

It wasn't that he hated her, because she never really did anything to him personally. Sure, she did things to hurt his friends, but never to him. Never to him. And to be quite frank, he would prefer her over Delly in certain situations. This being one of them. 

Delly was currently up against his locker, toying with one of her blonde girls. She batted her eyelashes at male passers, giving out the occasional wink. To be honest, it disgusted the blonde baker. 

He bit his lip, and looked down at his double knotted shoelaces. He really had to get to his locker to grab his lunch, but then again Delly...

A hand slapped him on the back, causing Peeta to jump. Johanna. "Hey, man!" Jo exclaimed, fist bumping her friend. "What's up?" 

"Delly," Peeta spit out, pointing to the girl down the hall. "I really don't want to talk to her, but she's kind of blocking my locker. Johanna gritted her teeth, but then smirked as she turned her attention to the boy next to her. "Hang on, I'll be right back," she told him, before starting down to the locker. 

Peeta couldn't make out anything they were saying, but he definitely saw Jo shove her fist close to Delly's face, then for extra sauciness, she flipped the blonde off. Delly stalked off, leaving a very amused Johanna. She waved Peeta over, and he chuckled. 

"Thanks Jo," he said, doing his combination with speed. "No problem," she responded. "Because to be honest, I'm trying to practice for Glimmer. She won't be needing any eye shadow anymore. Not when I give her a smokey eye with my fist. 

***

Cato: Hey Clover. Sorry. Can't hang out tonight. Made plans with Glimmer. Maybe some other time. 

Clove stared down at her phone, and felt her temper rising. This was not the first time he blew her off this month, and she was about to explode. Glimmer got in the way of every single thing Clove tried to do with her best friend. And she was pissed. 

She decided to give Cato a call, and see just what he and his lovely girlfriend were up to. Of course, it went straight to his voice mail. 

Clove growled, turning off her cell phone and tossing it onto her bed. She slumped down in her desk chair, her hand finding its way up to the locket again. 

Love was stupid. 

Sorry for not updating sooner! Again, school. I have a life too, you know! 

I am doing NaNoWriMo. I am very excited to say that I am rewriting The Ring Pop Wars! If you liked the original, you should definitely read the rewritten version! I'm changing some things up, so keep your eyes out for that. 

Now, excuse me. I must go and watch Chrisley Knows Best now.