Chapter Sixteen

ALLISON'S POV-

My eyes slowly open and I instantly get a rush of pain to my head. I was hit in the head and it was throbbing uncontrollably. My vision was blurred but it soon focused and I was in a dark room. I looked down to see my legs tied to the wooden chair I was sitting in and my hands tied behind my back. The only source of light in the room was a candle on a dresser. As I'm looking around I begin to hear foot steps coming towards the door. My heart started beating quickly. Where was I and why am I here? Why me?

The door opens and the outline of a man fills the frame of the door. He steps forward and I recognize it to be the same man who entered James' house and hit him in the head. He's looking at me with a grin appearing on his face.

"Hello," he takes a long pause, "Allison." My heart drops because I wasn't sure how he even knew my name because we've never crossed paths before.

He must have seen the blood drain from my face because he lets out a soft laugh, "You must be wondering where you are and how I know you but you don't exactly know me, huh?" It's like he read my mind.

"Well you see, your little boyfriend owes me a big chunk of money and I got a little impatient. This was really my only way of sending him a message, that I'm no longer playing any fucking games." he steps towards me and that's when I notice he has a knife in his hands.

As I look at his knife I start stuttering out words, "I-I'm not his girlfriend.. h-he's j-just my boss."

"Hmm.. that's not what the news outlets are saying nowadays.." He brings the knife up where we are both able to see it in front of us, and walks towards me where he is now running the blade across my leg.

As I'm about to let out the loudest scream of my life, he quickly slams his hand over my mouth. "You see, I wouldn't do that if I were you. I don't want to hurt you just yet."

-----------------

JAMES POV-

I'm pacing back and forth in my living room while police are in and out of my home scanning everything for fingerprints. I had already given my statement and why Anthony was doing what he was doing. I'm assuming he took Allison because of all of the news outlets where they are saying she's my girlfriends so she'd be his number one pick to get me motivated to pay off my debt.

Although Allison and I aren't actually dating, I am obviously still worried and I'd do anything for her. But she'd never know that.

Seth has been going a little bit more insane than me, he's constantly asking the detectives if there are any leads yet but it's only been a couple of short hours so they haven't been able to piece anything together yet.

As I'm pacing for what's felt like my millionth time going across my living room, I feel my phone began to vibrate. I quickly pull it out from my back pocket and see it's from an unknown number. This had to be Anthony on a burner phone.

"Hey are we able to get this number tracked?" I yell out to the officers. They all instantly began setting up their equipment.

"Answer it." Seth demands. He has a crazed look in his eyes, I can tell he's worried sick about Allison.

I answer the call and instantly put it on speaker. The detectives were able to get everything set up rather quickly and they began to listen in.

"Hello?" I say sounding a little nervous.

"How's your head there James? I know it had to have hurt getting smacked in the head with the bottom of my gun, I know your little girlfriend is suffering from the same wound over here." Anthony says.

My blood boils knowing he hurt her and I can feel Seth tense up beside me when he heard him say, 'girlfriend'.

"Alright asshole, where is she?" I reply back.

"We're all looking for something now aren't we? Where's my fucking money, James."

"I told you I was going to get it to you." I knew this was about the money. I had been paying him back for years since I started my business in the beginning. I missed a month and he went a little crazy on me.

"We had a deal to pay on time each month. And didn't I even warn you in the beginning if you were to miss just one of those months, there'd be consequences." I can hear his tone of voice getting irritated.

"Look, I was going to get it to you, it honestly just slipped my mind. I've been a little distracted." I say, rubbing the back of my neck. The truth is, I did forget and I was distracted. Ever since I met Allison, she's had all of my attention for some reason.

"I better get my fucking money in two hours, or little miss Allison," I hear the phone get moved, and I can hear Allison scream and cry into the phone, "gets it."

"You better not fucking touch her Anthony, or you won't be alive to get your money." I bark into the phone.

Everyone in the room begins to stare at me. It's not like me to just scream at someone.

The line goes dead and the room remains silent.

"We got a location." Says one of the detectives breaking the awkward tension that I could feel off of Seth.

SETH'S POV-

After hearing James scream into the phone it just made everything loud and clear with how James felt about Allison. I knew there was something there, it was plastered on his forehead but I guess Allison was blind to it.

As soon as the detective got a location, I was already running out to my car. I not only wanted to find Allison and keep her safe, but I also needed to find her first. I want my face to be the first face she sees when she's back to safety. I want to be the first arms to hold her after this traumatic experience. I want to be her hero, as cheesy as it sounds.

I need her to know that if she were to stay with me, this situation would never happen again. I knew at the end of things she needed to choose. Whether it's her work or not, she's obviously not safe and I can get her the job she needs with good pay.

She needs to choose at the end of this.

Me or him.

-----------------------------------------------------

Alrighty guys! New Chapter. Again, sorry for late updates. I always feel wishy washy when writing this story because I was literally a child when I started this, and so everything is a little inaccurate so I apologize for that. I think I'm getting into a groove where the story is getting a little more interesting and I want to start focusing on the relationships between the characters so hold on tight! Make sure to favorite and please leave me a comment on your feelings about the story and the chapter!

Also let me know; Team Seth or Team James!

Bye!

-Hannah

(Also if ya wanna follow me on TikTok that'd be pretty cool too LMAO- ShishtarHann)