Chapter 74: Connection through Realization

Rue Scarce

"Hey there, ladies."

I was too busy leaning onto the discussion we had about Vindik that I didn't realize someone had come and is currently standing in front of me.

He had short dark brown hair with blue eyes that are close to grey and a clean shaven face with a strong jaw. This man looked like someone people would call handsome with a strong body build, seeing as he had no shirt on and just wore a pair of swimming trunks.

"Michael." Candice greeted, although I noticed how red her cheeks are at the moment.

"You wouldn't mind introducing me to these beautiful women, Candy?" My eyebrows slightly twitched at his tone and how he's clearly flirting with Candice.

"Right. This is Helen, Travis's guest. Ebony on the other hand is Vindik's. Girls, this is Michael, a childhood friend of mine."

The man turned to Helen first, shaking hands with her and then he turned towards me doing the same.

"Hi. We met before, in Candy's office one time." He said and I recalled his familiar face.

I blinked my eyes altogether when I realized he was the man Candice was with when Vindik and I walked in to interrupt their intimate session.

"Right, I remember now."

"Yeah, it wasn't a good memory to leave a good impression." He scratched the back of his head at that, completely bashful.

"Still, I'm surprised Travis and Vindik brought dates let alone proper ones at that. Travis never brings one with him every time and Vindik brought ones that needed help with their clothes that barely hide anything."

"That's because these women are different." Cavis suddenly appeared beside the man, wearing his own swimming trunks and completely bare on his upper body.

"Cavis, haven't seen you since your photoshoot months ago." Helen greeted him.

"I've been too busy, Helen. But those clothes I wore then in those photos-- damn I look hot." Cavis praised himself, in which we all either groaned or rolled our eyes at.

Give it to Cavis who has his looks get over his head.

"Of course, I designed them myself." Helen said smugly.

"You should see her designs, Ebony. She's really good at making them. I bet she can make an ugly troll into a sexy beautiful elf." I instinctively arched an eyebrow at her unique choice of words in which I assured her that I will do so some time soon.

"That being said, want to go scuba diving?" Michael suggested.

"I'll go." Candice and Cavis both spoke at the same time and that made them both glare at each other.

"I'll ask Travis to join." Helen then looked at me.

"I can't. It's too risky for me to go underwater." I tell them.

And I'll be busy doing something else.

"Oh. Okay. I'll call Vindik to keep you company." Helen suggested.

"He's occupied. He's talking business with Travester and I suppose Mr Stone is with them as well."

Candice was already a meter away with Michael in her company when I cast her a glance.

"Well, we're going. You sure you're alright here?" Cavis asked, fetching me a look of concern in my way.

"I'll be fine. Seriously." I gave them a small smile and they both left with hesitance a minute later.