Chapter 4: Destruction not an Expression

Dimitri Leighton

I swallowed another shot from the glass of wine, unable to get rid of the thoughts about Rue.

Knocks came from the door and the butler opened it to reveal the guards I was expecting.

I didn't even have to ask and they bowed their heads low enough to tell me what they impersonate.

"Forgive us, my Lord. We are not capable enough to determine our Lady's coordinates." The leader said in earnest aspect.

I gripped the glass in hand, enough for it to break and the shards of it fell on the floor.

"Leave."

The butler made his way to clean the mess I made as the guards left the room.

Clenching my fists, I made the decision and sighed.

"Summon K. Knight." I ordered.

"Understood, my Lord."

I waited for several seconds when the door opened. The blonde haired man appeared before me, bowing at my presence.

"You convoke for my presence, my Lord?" He asks, not bothering to look up. The total opposite of my servant.

"Kieffer Knight, you are designated to seek for Lady Leighton. I give you my permission."

He finally raised his head up in shock.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked him.

"Nothing, my Lord. I was just wondering why me when there are many who can do better?"

I raised an eyebrow.

"You are questioning my judgement?"

"No, my Lord." He looked down.

I clicked my tongue in frustration.

"I'm going to be honest with you, Knight."

I paused for effect.

"I loathe you." He looked up, question and shock in his eyes.

"I know you care deeply for my wife. So deep that it disgusts me. But I vowed not to touch you against her will."

Everything I said is the truth. I detest this man in every way. To like a woman who is likely your master? As a Slave, he doesn't have the right. She's his Master. His Master who is already in a matrimonial relationship. It makes me sick. I'm not one to speak because I myself commit adultery in front of my wife.

"As someone close to her, I know you are able to track your master. You have my approval despite my desire to kill you right here, right now." I approached him, my gaze lingering on his face.

He avoids my glare and I smirked triumphantly. Good. At least he knows he is at lost between us.

"I am expecting you to keep contact. If you as much try to run and hide or better yet take your Master's side..." I trailed off, looking at my nails and then pulling his face towards me. Eye to eye.

"I will let my Slave sniff you out to the depths of hell." I whispered.

His eyes swirled with fear and discernment. He knows. He knows who I'm talking about, and he knows how dead serious I am.

I harshly let his face go and turned away.

"Leave at the best time suited for you. I will let my butler accompany you in your needs." I sipped my drink.