Chapter 10: Her Hidden Cruelty

Rue Scarce

We drove past the streets in swift movements but I slowly moved my hand against his thigh. He would groan and sigh until a growl reverberates out of him and he stops the car in a dark alley.

"Fuck this shit."

He pulled me towards him and our lips met once again. I let him place me over his lap to straddle him as our tongues danced wildly. His hand groped one of my thighs and the other pushed my coat back to caress my exposed skin.

I slid my arm by his neck and the other under his suit, massaging the skin up to his chest. We pulled away shortly, only to let him kiss my neck deeply.

"Dave." I forced myself to moan and it only encouraged him more.

"Fuck, I really love that accent."

I didn't mind that another man was sniffing my neck, I didn't mind that another man was holding me in his arms. But I froze when his hands moved to my waist, nudging the handgun in the process.

My reflexes jumped and I hit the back of his neck with my hand, hard enough for him to stop. I hear him gasp before falling unconscious.

I sighed and pulled on my coat over my shoulders, feeling uncomfortably exposed. I pushed a button under the driver's seat and bent him low, replacing his place on the wheel before driving away.

▫❇▫

Third Person's POV

The man slowly opened his eyes, squinting them to adjust on the flickering light bulb just above him.

He suddenly groans as he felt the pain circulating from his nape.

"What the... Fuck!" He weakly said, turning and twisting.

When the pain slowly faded away, he started to scan the place. It was only a small room, abandoned maybe. The walls were all grey and green like it hasn't been cleaned for years, filled with grease and dirt. The floor was unexpectedly clean, but that didn't change the fact that he was kidnapped and held hostage.

He has many ideas as to who the kidnapper might be, but couldn't pinpoint what exactly. He can't even remember what happened earlier, or how he even got here in the first place.

I got a call from Steven, something about a celebration, and I went there after work and... And...

He frowned when he can't put a finger what happened next.

"What the hell?"

He sat up and looked around to find an exit and stared at the heavy iron door just behind him. The door was locked, both in and out and it looked like a door that was used for the experiments or for the prison inmates in punishment. There were two chairs in the room but they also looked old and rusty.

He went quiet for a moment, thinking a lot of ways to escape. There were no windows nor holes to help him and only the iron door stands in his way.

Before any idea could get through his head, the sound of the jingling of keys froze him. The door was pushed open, its weight heavy enough to hear the screeching noise across the room. It was heavy all right, but he didn't expect to find a beautiful woman pushing it aside like it weighs nothing.

She closed the door, her black hair flowing smoothly behind her as she locked it and placed the key in her coat.

The man stared up at her, his forehead creasing in confusion.