Rue Scarce is a woman who clawed her way up and earned the best position one could find in the Mafia. Orphaned and left alone, she found herself in the care of the leader of Britain's biggest Mafia organization.
Trained and abused by the people around her, she became the world's renowned assassin. Everyone wants her, anyone would kiss her feet for her mercy, and anyone who knows of her name fears her.
She is married to the next leader of her Mafia, Dimitri Leighton at a very young age, upholding the title as the strongest couple to lead.
Two years of dishonest marriage, along with being forbidden to take on another mission, Rue confronts her husband and she was determined to finish the mission he gave her, even with a child on the way.
She disappears without trace as she is being led to the place where she will most likely find her target. But this time it was difficult. Not only was her target hard to find, but she is also pregnant.
She is torn between two different worlds, answers about her past gets revealed, and the odds are all rising against her. She is being faced with difficult challenges and making hard decisions.
What will she choose?
Now that she finds something who makes her feel alive, will she choose to have her own will?
Or will she choose the person she was forced to become?
More so, who is she?
"Emotions are strange beings. They leave us confused and vulnerable... They make us weak. But at the same time, they remind us we're human. " - Rue Scarce
Consists of dark scenes (blood, torture and deaths)
Profane languages, and overall
The main character's perspective
Read at your own risk.
- Chapter 1: The Lady and The Lord
- Chapter 2: Confidence on a Role
- Chapter 3: Stranger in White
- Chapter 4: Destruction not an Expression
- Chapter 5: Fare Thee Well
- Chapter 6: Midnight and Twilight
- Chapter 7: Speechless
- Chapter 8: A Hand of Conciliation
- Chapter 9: First Aim
- Chapter 10: Her Hidden Cruelty
- Chapter 11: Resolute Resolve
- Chapter 12: Her Hidden Desire
- Chapter 13: R-A-S-S-N-E
- Chapter 14: Successful Bargain
- Chapter 15: Pleasantries
- Chapter 16: Pathetic Wonders
- Chapter 17: Promise and Conflict
- Chapter 18: Annoyance in Amusement
- Chapter 19: Hostility in Family
- Chapter 20: Survival is the Core
- Chapter 21: The First Step
- Chapter 22: Insolence
- Chapter 23: Forgetting the Real Name
- Chapter 24: Illegal Auction
- Chapter 25: Cold and Terrifying
- Chapter 26: Emotions are Personal
- Chapter 27: Angel of Darkness
- Chapter 28: His Undeniable Obsession
- Chapter 29: Naïve World
- Chapter 30: Sleep
- Chapter 31: Most Comfortable Night
- Chapter 32: Unfathomable
- Chapter 33: Flesh and Blood
- Chapter 34: Elusive Mind
- Chapter 35: Her Name
- Chapter 36: Dangerous Beast
- Chapter 37: Her Endless Thoughts
- Chapter 38: Her Bethrotal
- Chapter 39: Nauseated
- Chapter 40: Strings of Sanity
- Chapter 41: Possessive Psycho
- Chapter 42: Mere Fiction
- Chapter 43: Hard to Trust
- Chapter 44: Restrained Troubles
- Chapter 45: The Decision
- Chapter 46: Fear, Love, & Betrayal
- Chapter 47: Bullets
- Chapter 48: The Right Hands
- Chapter 49: Omertà
- Chapter 50: Abstract
- Chapter 51: Hot and Cold
- Chapter 52: Her Walls
- Chapter 53: Puzzled Feelings
- Chapter 54: The Past to Nightmares
- Chapter 55: Reversed
- Chapter 56: Ironic Life
- Chapter 57: Noticeable Things
- Chapter 58: Servant-Master
- Chapter 59: What Her Eyes Beheld
- Chapter 60: First Step on Trust
- Chapter 61: Names for a Change
- Chapter 62: Unexpected Word
- Chapter 63: Heads Down
- Chapter 64: Scar's Complexity
- Chapter 65: Her Incarceration
- Chapter 66: Her First Struggle
- Chapter 67: Her First Blood
- Chapter 68: Diurnal Moments
- Chapter 69: Behind Her Eyes
- Chapter 70: His and Her Sides
- Chapter 71: Authority over Emotion
- Chapter 72: His Dominion and Her
- Chapter 73: What is He to Her
- Chapter 74: Connection through Realization