Chapter 36: Dangerous Beast

Conner Williams

She's upset. I definitely don't know how I can tell but it might be because she looked more serious and disturbed than usual.

She baked us a special cheese bread and a caramel cake and allowed us to help ourselves as she dismissed herself back in her room.

This man, Kieffer Knight is clearly loyal and overprotective and he didn't hide his disdain for me. Rue specifically told him to leave if he wants to but he didn't just because he doesn't trust me.

We were both sitting by the living room in silence while eating out master's baked goods. I can't help but feel to left out to the fact that I have no idea who she is in the first place.

"Who is Dimitri?" I asked, making the yellow haired guy raise an eyebrow at me.

"What do you know, fledgeling? You have been with the Lady for weeks now and you know nothing?" He replied.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself, trying to remember what Rue said to have patience as a weapon.

"Look, I honestly know nothing about her. I don't understand what you were talking about earlier but since you didn't try to hide it from me, I guess I have the right to know everything as per our Master's request." I have to admit that Rue's words rubbed themselves on me since I started to speak like her.

Kieffer stared at me, contemplating whether to trust me or not. Without blinking he finally answered.

"He is the Lady's husband."

I kept quiet, trying to sustain the shock and surprise in me.

"Lord Dimitri Vandetta Benjamin Leighton the second, Ninth Baron Leighton. He owns more than half of Europe fulfilling his family's legacy. He is also the leader of Europe's strongest Mafia Organization doing illegal activities. They have been married for two years now."

"The Lady Rue has been in the Mafia for ten years and she was engaged to this dangerous man since she was sixteen years old. She got pregnant before but due to the effort she gave to complete her last mission, she lost it. As I've said Lord Dimitri is not a good man, he needed a family so to prevent the past from happening again, he imprisoned our Master for a year and a half and suspended her from her missions."

I kept silent and listened intently.

"Before she persuaded him to let her go, she was already a month pregnant and never told anyone. She succeeded in leaving before he could stop her and sadly he found out about her hidden secret. From then on until now he has been looking for her and he hasn't tracked her until recently." He clenched his fists and his body shook silently.

"But now that they saw each other in London England, he must already know where she is. I found out that he cancelled his flight and stayed behind, which is very mysterious considering how possessive he can really be towards her. He could kill many of his men and waste millions of money just to take his wife and his child back."

I gulped at his words and I know he is dead serious.

"How long have you known her?" I asked and his eyebrows raised in wonder.

"I've known her for seven years at the least, months after the previous Head Master, Lord Jacob took her in the Leighton manor." He spoke as if he was remembering the day.

"At first I was treating her like an outsider. Her being the Head Master's pet filled my mind and soul with insecurity and enviousness. But the time came when she was told to fight many of Lord Jacob's best men to test her strength and I was one of the sixty."