Chapter 20: Survival is the Core

Rue Scarce

I watched as Sheer whipped the girl's back one more time, blood oozing out of her wounds but Sheer is far from being satisfied.

"You certainly have a beautiful skin, Lila. Too beautiful for my taste anyways." Sheer hums, raking the whip over the poor girl's back and then giving her another whip lash.

The mother's cries sounded in the air and my ear was hurting, so I took a gag and placed it in her mouth, suppressing her useless cries.

The men's looks were full of anxiousness and pain for watching their loved one being abused. It's one of the advantages in torturing a family person. You let them watch someone they love getting hurt and restrain them so that they will feel guilt that they couldn't do anything to save them.

"P-please... S-s-stop..." The young girl quivered, making Sheer stop for a brief moment as if thinking what to do next.

It's no use. Pleading her to stop will only make it worse. She's very attentive in such times like this and no one will be able to stop her. Not even me.

"Let's see, what will I do next?" Sheer ponders while I rolled my eyes.

Grabbing a jug of chemical liquid, I tossed it towards her and she caught it with one hand without looking.

"Yes, exactly what I need."

She turns to give Tristan a sly grin and a wink and faced Lila's blood covered back. The girl's face was facing the opposite direction by the wall with both of her arms raised sideways. Her wrists were still in chains as they pull her limp body to support her on each side.

Sheer took the opportunity and twisted the cap of the jug. She raised it over the girl's body as she tilts her head to look at the father.

"You have three seconds before I pour this weird substance on your daughter's wounds. Believe me when I say I don't know what this does, but I do know it hurts when poured into fresh cuts."

Tristan was adamant, he looks like he doesn't believe a word that comes out of our mouths.

"Prove it, you motherfucking cunt!"

And did she prove him wrong.

Sheer shrugged her shoulders and poured the liquid down the girl's back without hesitation.

She screamed, yelling and howling in pain as the chemicals seethed into her fresh wounds.

"Damn, that looks painful. Too bad I'm not in the least contented yet."

"Please! Please stop!" Lila yells, wanting to move away but the chains kept her in place.

Tristan looked at me with dread in his eyes.

"Please, make it stop! Hurt me but don't touch my family! Take your anger out on me in exchange of my family's safety!"

"That is the disadvantage of loving, Tristan. They will be involved in what you're doing. But it's your fault anyway, you got into this chaos and it is only an understatement to pull your family in as well." Sheer laughed, playing with the whip in hand.

"You know nothing about me!"

Facing my body towards him, I grabbed his chin and gripped it hard.

"I could care less for who you are. I want you to tell me what you know all about the DEVIL."

His eyes were wide as saucers and he wanted to look away but I didn't let him, instead, I gripped his chin tighter.

"He-he's not someone you can take. He's a spawn of devil himself." He mumbles.