Chapter 12: Her Hidden Desire

Rue Scarce

I fold my leg over my knee as I waited for the man to speak. My loyal servant, the man who would do anything for me without hesitation.

"Yes, my Lady." He stood straight, looking at me.

"The Lord has ordered me to find you. He has sent out the best trackers all over the world and he is already after you in Los Angeles."

I nod my head in understanding.

It's a good thing I moved from that city as early as I can.

"The man is delusional, my Lady. He wants you yet he still beds with various whores and then kick them out in the morning."

"Nothing for me to worry about, Kieffer. He is my husband and I have already come to the decision not to meddle into his lascivious desires."

"But, my Lady, he is also aware that you are in fact carrying his child." With that, he moved his eyes towards my stomach.

"It is faint but I can feel the child's life, my Lady. It might be yours but it is still Lord Leighton's offspring. It is a poison to be eliminated." He said with venom dripping in his voice.

"Don't be too rash, Knight. You may call Dimitri a demon but you won't be any different if you kill an unborn child." I replied, glaring at him.

He was taken aback but then bowed his head down low in shame.

"What's more, this may be Dimitri's offspring, but I have the right to do what I want with it. I may be heartless but I will never hurt my own."

"I am terribly sorry for taking the matter into my own hands, my Lady."

"I suggest that you stay close to me. Not too close yet not too far as well. For all we know, Dimitri may have already sniffed me here."

I narrowed my eyes to him.

"And you will have to refrain from calling me that if you wish to speak with me. I am in the entertainment now, my life is in more danger than before. People will want to dig into me and with you staying by my side without understandable reasons will raise suspicions."

He frowns in reply as he raised his head.

"But I will lose my respect towards you if I am unable to fulfill my duties such as to name you higher than I am."

I didn't speak and just stared at him, my aura beginning to grow darker. He felt it and decided to keep quiet. He may be my servant but I will not show mercy to anyone who doesn't do what I command them to.

"You will have to leave, Knight. My husband is not a fool and he will find me soon."

I stood, my eyes void of emotions and my face expressionless.

"I want you to find where he is without being detected. I want you to know what he knows and what he plans next. Make sure not to lose your contact with me and inform me of further details."

He refrained from speaking and waited for my next words.

"That is an order I, your master, has given you. Understood?"

He placed his right arm across his chest, his pulse just above where his heart is then gave me a slight bow.

"As you command, Master." Within a few seconds, he vanished from my sight like thin air.

He is my servant and I am his Master. He has vowed to serve me and is bound to die for me if necessary. Blood owed, Blood repaid.

▫❇▫