"I'm not treating! But hey, make it clear. What happens if I stick to it? You gotta treat me to a buffet," I joked along.

"So it's a promise? Sure, I can afford a buffet. I'm gonna fill your belly up until you can't move."

"It's not a promise!!!" I rambled on, and our jokes continued until we were back at the Sapphire room.

...

"You sleep here? Speaking of which, where are your teammates?" Jongdae asked, staring at the tiny Sapphire room as I crawled back into it and settled on the ground. So he finally noticed that I was alone the entire time.

"I am an outcast," I openly admitted, "and I don't like my team as much as they don't like me."

"You wanna tell me about it?" He asked.

I smiled because he always made it sound like he needed my permission to talk about something, and that's what I like about him. He always gave me space.

But I shook my head, "no." Even though I was thinking about Yuri, she wasn't worth talking about. "Don't you need to leave? I get that you love your job but it's... almost 4 am."

"Not really, I'm off tomorrow," he said, and it made me happy on the inside because I didn't actually want him to go yet. I loved his company and I only asked because I was afraid I was keeping him here. "And I'm pretty sure you're not sleeping yet."

"How would you know?"

Jongdae pointed at my hands. "You wouldn't have taken the lyrics out to sleep on it, would you?"

I looked back to the sheet in my hand and chuckled lightly, "you got me."

He walked over and sat by me. "I'm not a rapper, but I know a thing or two about it. I'll help you practice." I stared at him for a while, completely surprised that he was staying behind to help me with that. I thought he intended to stay to chit chat a little bit more.

"You wanna show me what you got first?" He offered.

I nodded excitedly at first until my face changed and I pointed seriously at him, "but don't laugh."

"I won't," he assured before I started my piece.

Jongdae went against his words right away because he started laughing the moment I opened my mouth to rap. In fact, it was so awkward to do it at first but I forced myself to be thick-skinned and gradually I got used to it. I didn't regret receiving lessons from him though. I was more impressed by his teaching because every advice he gave me was really constructive. Jongdae made me revisit the original song to pay attention to the beat, instead of focusing too much on the melody. He reminded me that I needed to find my own fit instead of copying the voice of the original rapper. By the second hour, I was able to rap to the song with a rhythm of my own.

"You found it, that's the colour of your rap." Jongdae praised at the end. "Keep practicing this way and you'll get the hang of it."

My smile grew wide at his compliment. I never thought I needed anyone's praise but his words made me want to do even better. "Congratulations, you just turned an amateur into someone who can rap a little better now."

"A little? I turned you into a professional!" He exaggerated way more and got me laughing.

"I'll be better than this. Thanks for your help," I searched his eyes and gave him my most heartfelt thanks. He reciprocated with his attractive smile, and I felt the butterflies in my stomach. "Do you have a girlfriend?" I asked on impulse. Jongdae was completely taken aback, even I was surprised at myself. I quickly raised my hand to stop him from answering. "I-I'm not trying to imply anything. I swear I was just curious, because, I mean, I wouldn't want your girlfriend to misunderstand us or anything."