Chapter Thirteen: Maryland PHS

A few people whispered to their friends when I walked down the hallway, some didn't care. It felt weird, having some eyes on me. And, it wasn't like I was the most popular girl in school and everyone was staring at my beauty, it western because they thought I was a murderer.

People were crowding the red and white lockers plastered on every wall available. There were cliches of dudes, gals, and both hanging together around the main auditorium where most people hung around before their morning classes began. There weren't a lot of people, mainly because it's a private high school, but there were enough people here where you had to say "excuse me" in order to get through the hallways.

As long as I just got to my class, I can escape some eyes. But then again, being in a classroom may be worse, because I have no escape.

"Hey bitch! You're gonna kill me too!" A dude shouted from across the hallway.

He got the other dudes next to him to laugh and chuckle, they were slapping his back and other stupid shit I will never get.

I ignored them, and I kept walking to my class, which was College English. I've already had boys like that make the same remarks to me, it's no different.

I reached the end of the auditorium, and walked through the doors that led down to the cafeteria. When I reached the stairs that led to the second floor, Becca and Adam were walking out of the stairwell closet. Typical. How horny can they be to do it at 8:30 in the morning.

"Hey Tell-Belle," Becca said, waiving me down.

"Hey," I waved back.

Becca went on her tiptoes to kiss Adam on the cheek, like they didn't just tie themselves into a pretzel two seconds ago. She waved him off, and Adam went to whatever class he had first.

"Happy early birthday!" She said running to me with open arms.

"Thanks," I chuckled, and hugged her back.

"Are you going to be doing anything special?"

"Not really,"

"What!" She said with her mouth wide open in astonishment. "But it's your eighteenth birthday! You are finally an adult!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know,"

"You know what, Adam is having a 'back to school' party tomorrow night, since his parents are out of town, you and I are going,"

I laughed, "No way,"

"Yes!" She shouted. I was worried people were going to start looking at us, I don't need anymore eyes on me than I already have.

"Okay! Fine! Now can we change the subject?"

"Fine. Anything new since the cafe?" She asked.

"No, just been binge watching MeTube and eating to my heart's content, you?"

"Well I met up with Adam and we.."

"Please don't finish that sentence," I cut her off.

"I was going to say... we made bracelets... together... in my room... alone..."

"Mhm" I say, rolling my eyes in disbelief.

"Well do you blame me?"

"True, no,"

She gave me a little shove and chuckled. I shook my head and smiled.

"Are you heading up to English?" She asked me after a few moments.

"Yeah, Spanish right?"

"Sadly yes, I hate that language more than anything," She said, I chuckled.