Chapter Twenty Five: A Blast From The Past

Meanwhile, Back in Annapolis:

John:

I woke up on Adam's couch with a throbbing headache. I was absolutely plastered last night, and I was definitely going to be feeling it later tonight.

I have no idea how long we partied until. The last thing I remember was grinding up on this hot blonde chick from the cheerleading team. Hell, I didn't even know her name. Or if I did, I sure as hell don't remember it.

She was pretty cute too, A nice ass, perky boobs, fair and clean complection, and perfectly curled hair. Her outfit was amazing too, high waisted short black jeans that fit her ass perfectly, and a white top that didn't leave much to the imagination. She was so much better than Chantelle in so many ways.

Why do I even date her?

I sat up from the brown colored couch, now stained with different colors of beer and littered with whiteclaw cans. Who even drinks that shit? It's absolutely terrible and it takes way too many of those to get you drunk. The coffee table was covered in crushed red solo cups and more whiteclaw cans. I looked over to my left and I saw what I think was some dried vomit. Just looking at that made me want to vomit myself. My head was throbbing, I didn't even feel like getting up and driving back home.

It looked to be about eight or nine in the morning, my phone was on the other side of the coffee table and I didn't feel like checking it. I know I probably have 100 messages from my parents and Chantelle. God, she's so clingy. I'm only with her cause she's got a good butt, but she won't even have sex with me, she says she's 'not ready'. Yeah, 'not ready' my ass. She'll go out wearing the most revealing clothing she can just to piss me off. I don't want other men seeing what should be mine.

I wonder if she's even here right now.

Matter of fact, did she even leave the party last night?
I was so drunk last night I couldn't make out my left from right, let alone spot my girlfriend in a crowd of 50 people.

I know Adam and Becca were probably upstairs doing god knows what.

They probably saw Chantelle leave last night.

Right?

Right.

It's not my problem.

Becca:

Shit.

'Where the hell is Chantelle?' I repeat to myself as I'm looking for my phone in Adam's bedroom. His room was a hell hole in itself. Dirty clothes were piled in all four corners of the room, and there were old chicken plates on his nightstand. God, his room smelled like shit too. I love him, but he's got to learn how to clean his room.

I sat up in his bed with the blankets wrapped around my chest and checked my phone. I hope that Chantelle texted me, I think she left with Ben last night.

I can only assume what happened.

I know how much she hates John, it's one of the only things she talks about to me, in fact, it's the only thing she opens up to me about surprisingly. She has never talked to me about her family life, and never anything about Julia since her death. I honestly feel so bad for her, she's had a tough life, while I'm out here having the time of my life with the best boyfriend I could ask for.

I just want her to be happy.

I had no new texts from her. Expected.

She probably just got home late after that night with Ben. I'm going to have to interrogate her for every single detail. I don't know Ben very well, but I know he makes her the happiest I have seen her in a while, and she deserves that.

She really does.

I grabbed my clothes off of Adam's floor, trying to not make too much noise so I didn't wake him. He was turned on his side, no shirt on and drooling on the pillow. Even though he stinks and looking pretty stupid, he does look cute.

I chuckled slightly and grabbed my shoes and put them on as well. I don't usually do a hit and run like this, but my parents were probably worried that I didn't come back home last night. I'll have to explain to Adam later.

Suddenly, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I reached down and read the notification.

It was from Chantelle's dad.

"Hi Becca - are you with Chantelle? She didn't come home last night and I'm worried for her. Please get back to me soon. Thank you. - Mr. Willow".

Shit, I had a feeling I knew who she was with. I wasn't going to expose her, I would never do that. I had to think of a quick excuse.

"Hi Mr. Willow, Yes - she is with me. She was drinking last night and didn't feel safe driving home, so she stayed here with me at Adam's. I apologize for not letting you know sooner, but she is safe. - Becca".

I have never written with such proper grammar in my life. I hate when parents text me too, I never know when to use those stupid dashes.

Hopefully that excuse will hold him over for a while, at least until I can find where Chantelle really is.

It was 8:00 in the morning, and I knew I should have been home eight hours ago.

I opened his door very carefully, and tiptoed out of Adam's room. I remembered that there was a squeaky part of the carpeting right outside his door, and I discreetly stepped over the raised carpet. I've been pestering his parents to get someone to fix it because it makes it so much harder to leave quietly in the morning, but I think his parents like it because they know when I come in and out of his room.

I turned the corner and quickly walked down the stairs to the living room, when I was stopped by someone I didn't expect to see.

John. 

a/n: hi.