Chapter Twenty Two: What I Wanted

Shit.

Shit.

Shit. What the fuck was I even thinking?

Why did I just kill a man in the middle of a city, in an alleyway where anyone can turn the corner and see me standing next to a body. Why did I even think it would be a good idea? How would I even know that it would be the right person?
I didn't.

But, what I did know was that I had to get out of there quickly.

I started running out of the alleyway and turned right, away from the 7/11 and back down the way the Motel was. Maybe I could get back to the motel in time before Ben realized I was gone. I mean, I have no idea how long he showers for, but I hope to god he takes a while.

Guilt and fear started crawling up my stomach. 'My god, I am an idiot!' I was repeating to myself in my head. I had that same feeling of wanting to throw up again. The same feeling I have had all night.
My records are not really on my side, are they.

I kept running down the sidewalk, and before I realized it, I was already out of the city. Then again, I wasn't far into the city to begin with, and the Motel was only about a 2 minute walk from where I was currently, maybe 1 minute if I ran.

I didn't want to run anymore though, If I did, I might vomit on the street. Plus, I was still wearing my yellow sundress from the party under my black sweatshirt.

God, everything happened so fast.

I wanted just to have one slow moment in my life, where I could take a deep breath and actually live my life, instead of fighting for it. I wanted to enjoy my life, and live a life like they do in those cheesy Netflix rom-coms. I wanted to have a happy family of my own, with a husband and kids, in a suburban house. I wanted to graduate college, and go into sales. I wanted to find love like nothing else. I wanted to go to my very last football games, and hang out with friends I would maybe never see again. I didn't want to care anymore. I wanted everything to fall into place and be perfect. I wanted one of those Pinterest houses, and when I would become old with my husband, we could show off our house to other couples. And, our kids would play in the living room while we got tipsy off of wine. I wanted to live my last days with someone I love, and my new family, and live a happy life.

I wanted to live a normal life.
But, I fucked myself up.

I was the one blamed for Julia's murder.

I was the one who ran from the cops.

I was the one who killed a man in an alleyway.

I was the guilty one.

I will always be the guilty one, no matter how hard I try. I will never be able to erase my traumatic past with my family, with Julia, or with myself. It will always stick with me, and ruin my life countless times. In ways I won't know it will until it's too late.

I started crying. I must look like an absolute idiot right now, but I honestly don't care. I just wanted to see my parents, and Julia again. I want to hug them so tight that we can't breathe. I want them to tell me everything will turn out fine, and that none of this ever happened.

I want everything to be okay.

But, that "normal" will never come again.

I wiped my tears from my face on my jacket, and kept jogging back to the motel, I could already see it far in the distance. It's broken light was flickering in the night, making a creepy, eerie vibe to what I was walking too. I started jogging on the side of the road to the motel.
All this running made me realize how out of shape I was. I mean, I was never "in" shape, but my high metabolism and my height made it easy for me to eat a bunch of junk food and not face the consequences.

All of that was starting to bite me in the ass right about now.

I finally reached the motel, and I stopped at the sign. I was so out of breath, and I vomited in the bushes next to the sign. I felt sick to my stomach from guilt, and from running so much. I felt like throwing up all night, and I felt relieved that I finally did.

I wiped my mouth on my hoodie, and I started to walk up the stairs to me and Ben's room. I got to the top, and turned right to room 302, and opened the door.

I found Ben there, sitting on the bed, with a worried and stern look on his face. 

a/n: hi guys! I didn't really have much planned for this chapter, and it was kinda short

a/n: hi guys! I didn't really have much planned for this chapter, and it was kinda short. but next week's chapter will be longer!  

a/n again: next weeks chapter wasn't longer- oopsie