Chapter Twenty Seven: A Blast From The Past (Part Two)

Back In Annapolis: Becca

"John, I didn't expect to see you here" I blurted out.

He chuckled, "Same here, sleeping with Adam, huh". He had that cocky smile on his face that Chantelle hated, and I can see why she did.

Chantelle, you owe me.

"Yeah, whatever, have you seen Chantelle?" I question, I know he probably didn't know where she was but it doesn't hurt to ask.

He scoffs, "I don't really care, I'll ask her when we go to school Monday," He grabbed his phone off the coffee table and scratched his balls while he walked into Adam's kitchen.

Disgusting.

The place reeked of old whiteclaws and vomit, hopefully John will help Adam clean up later because I for sure as hell ain't doing it. I looked over to my left and I think there was some girl's red lipstick smeared on the wall too.

Wonder what she was up to.

Wait.

I don't think I want to know.

I grabbed my bag and jogged out to my car. I started up my engine and pulled out of Adam's driveway.

A cup of coffee sounds really good right now; god, I did not get a lot of sleep last night. Adam is not a light sleeper, while I am.

You can see how those two combinations do not mix.

The Strawberry Cafe is really the only place you can get good coffee, yeah we had Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts and all of those other chain coffee shops; but there was just something about local coffee shops that "hit different". You could actually taste the love and hardwork that family owned businesses have compared to the chains.

Though, you may actually taste sweat in the chain shops.

Trust me.

I know.

I started my engine and pulled out of Adam's driveway, and I began driving out of Adam's neighborhood. The sunrise was just shy of showing over the trees in the distance, the red and orange matching with the red and orange in the falling trees.

Sometimes I'm glad we live farther out from the city, it makes things so much more peaceful here and don't forget to mention the lack of traffic; now, that is the best part.

I turned right and proceeded to go to the city center, where Strawberry Cafe was. I remember begging my parents to take me there when I was younger, it was not a super special cafe or anything, but I just loved the scenery. It felt like I was in a real life fairytale and I was the main character (which is much better than being the best friend in a wattpad novel). While; yes, there was the McDonald's play place and other stuff, but I was once kicked down the slide at a play place when I was younger.

I was traumatized.

And, I refused to return.

So Strawberry Cafe was my best option.

I had approached the light before the city plaza, and I was already getting anxious for some caffeine. I don't want to admit I have a caffeine addiction, but I most definitely do. In addition to a sugar addiction as well.

Shush.

We don't talk about it.

The light finally turned green and I turned into the parking lot. I was so excited to get some coffee, probably because I was slightly hungover too. I found a parking spot and plopped my car in the spot before turning the engine off and walking over to the cafe.

The line wasn't too long, but it was a decent line.

I didn't mind waiting though.

I pulled out my phone while I was waiting in line and I was scrolling through Instagram. There wasn't really anything interesting, just girls in bikinis; while they still can, and fall wear that is just way too straight for my liking.

I felt my phone buzz in my hand, I was surprised it buzzed, maybe it was Chantelle? Or her dad? Maybe even Adam?

I glanced my eyes over the top of my phone to see the notification,

My news app?

Huh.

Weird.

I almost put my phone back in my pocket, but my eyes glanced over the notification briefly.

"Young Teenager, Chantelle Willow, Wanted for the Murder of Julia Willow"

I ran my fingers over my phone and opened the news app as fast as I could. There is no way she's wanted for that murder. Chantelle is not a murderer.

I kept reading the article, this has got to be a sick joke or something. Every cop and detective in the area has interrogated her, it became useless, and I could tell she was getting sick and tired of being asked the same questions over and over again.

What did she do to deserve any of this?

"Local teenage girl, Chantelle Willow, has been spotted leaving her hometown in Annapolis after new evidence of her late sister's death has been discovered by local police station-"

My reading was interrupted by a female voice

"Next!" I heard a cashier yell out.

I had to put my phone away and walk up to the counter to order.

I need to keep reading that though.

"Hi, uh, medium latte please?" I pipe up.

The cashier typed some numbers in and rang my order up, "$3.99"

I grabbed my wallet from my back pocket and started to count some ones I had in a small insert in my wallet. I was debating asking about Chantelle; it was a small town, she might know something.

I gave her my cash and she took it from my hand and put it in the register. She was about to hand me back my change, but if I wanted to ask her about Chantelle it was now or never.

"Sorry this may seem out of pocket, but have you heard anything about Chantelle Willow?"

She glared at me once I said Chantelle's name, "She's all over the news, are you new around here?"

"Uh, you could say that I guess,"

"Stay away from her, she's dangerous,"

"I've heard, but the news said she escaped town, do you think that's true?"

The cashier paused, "I don't know what to believe anymore," She handed me my change, and motioned me to the side so she could assist the next customer.

I stepped to the side and walked over to a table.

Chantelle.

Wherever you are.

Be safe please. 

a/n: uh. hi :D 

im back? 

maybe.

anyways.

hope yall missed me :) 

- dove <3