Chapter Thirteen!

Start from the beginning

"The only way me and Carlos escaped was because he swallowed the yellow liquid that he nipped. It changed him. Evolved him into the juggernaut he is now. He keeps growing, nothing we try stops it. It scares him, but it saved me."

A few minutes of silence passed before they realized no one was talking. Zack knew those boys. Not great, sure. True, he didn't even like some of them. But they didn't deserve to die. If only he would have said something. "Wow," Zack muttered, shocked by the news. What were you supposed to say at a time like this? "But what does this have to do with us?"

Phil opened his mouth as if he was about to say something, but was interrupted by a static mumbling sound echoing from his earpiece. "But we have them here now!" Zack heard Bones whisper under his breath. Well at least that's what he thought he heard, then again, being that Bones seemed to be rather unstable there was just as good of chance that he said, let's go have to eat a cow....

He decided to go with the first one.

Bones mumbled a few more things, though Zack couldn't make them out, up until he heard the young psychopath say, quite a bit louder, "Just don't forget who's in charge here!" He then ripped the earpiece from his... well ear, chucking it across the room, much like that of a child who didn't get the right birthday gift.

"You seriously had to share a room with this guy?" Zack asked Mike under his breath, feeling sorry for the poor boy. Mike just nodded solemnly.

"You two will be fighting as gladiators against beasts at the Zoo for my entertainment tonight," Bones finally said, perhaps like a kid that just threw his unwanted toy across the room, only to find that once he did the toy burst open revealing the one he wanted. There was an old movie Zack saw like that once. Something about a ceramic cat that had a priceless gem inside, though now was not the time to be reminiscing about old movies.

"Wait what!?" Zack shouted, losing any sympathy he just had for Phil.

"You trespassed in my kingdom, and now you must serve as an example of what happens to trespassers." He put it rather simply, and for a moment Zack wondered how often this happened.

"Wait?" Mike asked. "Wouldn't anyone who would watch us fight not be trespassing if you catch all trespassers?"

"Good point. I guess I just want to watch you die," he admitted with an evil laugh.

This was it for Zack, first Phil led seven guys to their deaths, then he abducted them, and now he was expecting them to fight for his amusement! With these thoughts of pure hatred he charged straight at Bones' throne, not having any weapons, but not necessarily caring. Sadly before he even got halfway there Bones just flicked a few knives from the sashes and thrust them directly at Zack's leg, faster than he could even notice the gesture.

The knives cut through the air at lighting speed, one in which sunk itself straight into his right thigh. Zack screamed. Screamed out of pain, out of anger. He was so close to Bones. So close yet he couldn't reach him--all he wanted to do was go home.

The pain crippled him, introducing the poor hero to the steel floor that his head painfully smacked.

* * *

Zack landed in a pink and purple cage filled with multi-colored cats? The sky was black along with everything around him.... Aside from the cell and cats of course. Suddenly out of nowhere they started to sing. And not just meowing in harmony like a funny cat video. I mean they actually sang. Most of them sang blues and wore little fedoras, similar to that older film the Aristocats? It may have seemed nice, but it wasn't. It was awful, and terrible, and all other bad things in that black multi colored world. He couldn't escape, and the cats kept singing, his head spun and the image moved, shifted, warped, and finally--