ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

Lunar descends down the French Quarter streets, engulfed with a rage that's fuelled by her hunger. She's aware of Marcel's rules, and it takes all her self control not to lunge at the first person she see's.

Spotting a woman posing for a photo in front of one of the iconic buildings, Lunar practically smells tourist coming off her in waves.

Strolling over to them, she walks to the man taking the photo. "Hey, do you want me to take one of you both?" She asks with a genuine smile.

He seems grateful. "That'd be amazing!" He replies in a decidedly Texan drawl. She takes his phone, rolls her eyes and drops it to the floor. Starring into his eyes she begins to compel him. "Leave. Forget you ever met me here. You lost your girlfriend and tried to find her."

The man nods, turning and walking away. The blonde woman begins to run after him, but Lunar vamp-speeds toward her and grabs her arm, pulling her away into a nearby alley.

"Shut up." Lunar scolds, compelling the girl to stop screaming. The blonde remains still, although her blue eyes look at Lunar with fear.

She brushes her long hair back from her neck slowly. Lunar's eyes glow yellow, before she plunges her fangs into the girls neck and feeds.

Stopping just before the girl dies, Lunar bites into her wrist and force feeds the blonde her blood, rapidly healing the wound on her neck.

"Leave. Forget about me. You took a wrong turn." Lunar pats her on the arm, watching as she exits the alleyway.

Licking the blood off her lips, Lunar feels remarkably better. Suddenly, her phone starts to ring. She lifts it from her pocket, expecting to see Klaus' name, or maybe even Elijah, but it's Jackson.

Confused as to why he's phoning, she lifts her phone to her ear and answers with a bored tone. "Please don't tell me there's been a disaster."

Jackson chuckles. "No, actually things are great, but we do need you and Klaus to come to the Bayou."

"Why?" Lunar grumbles. She was sick of traipsing back and forth, besides, she knew Klaus was going to be focused on finding Marcel and Finn.

"I've been getting word from a few packs outside Louisiana." Jackson starts, peaking Lunar's attention. "They wanna be here for your wedding. They want in on the Unification ceremony!"

Lunar swallows, a little overwhelmed at this news. "I thought the ritual only effected the powers of the wolves in the pack?" She questions.

"Unless they recognise you as their alpha." Jackson replies, and Lunar wonders if she's hearing things but she swear there's a glint of admiration in his voice. "Then your power becomes their power."

Speechless, Lunar kicks a rock down the alleyway as she tries to find the words. "I.." She stops, before continuing. "Do you think I'm ready for this?"

"Lunar Franklin, you're about to achieve something no one's ever done before. Not because of fate, or circumstance, but because you were born to do this." Jackson replies, there's not a hint of doubt in his voice.

"You're on board." Lunar smiles as she breaths out the words. Jackson had never said he was against the ceremony, or the wedding, but she always had the niggling feeling he would betray her. This was his pack she was stealing, after all.