ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

➳

"Are you out of your mind? No way."
Sophie yells, she's standing in the Mikaelson mansion, starring at Klaus, Rebekah and Lunar.

"It's very simple." Rebekah tells her matter of factly. "We need you to perform a teeny, tiny locator spell to help us find our brother."

"Witches who practice magic in this town get caught, and they get killed." Sophie retorts, fear evident in her eyes.

"Good riddance, I say." Lunar mutters quietly from her place on the sofa, earning her a glare from Klaus. She shrugs at him mouthing the words, "what, it's true."

Klaus ignores Lunar and returns his attention to Sophie. "Yes, about that. It seems you left out a crucial detail when we made our deal - Marcel's secret weapon, the way he knows when a witch is using magic."

Rebekah joins in. "Girl about yay high." She lifts a hand. "Cute as a button, anger issues."

Lunar watches as shock passes over Sophie's face, she seems genuinely surprised at this development.

"Davina? Where have you seen her?" Sophie shoots at them.

Lunar turns her head to look at Klaus and Rebekah, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know. The little brat erased my memory right after she threw me out of a window with her bloody mind." Rebekah tells Sophie, still angry over the ordeal.

"Let me cut to the chase." Klaus steps in. "Davina has Elijah. You witches, I assume, want to get Davina away from Marcel. We don't know where she is. Ergo, we need magic."

"Davina would sense it." Sophie protests.

"Unless, of course, another witch - say, a traitor to the cause, Katie for example - was to perform much more powerful magic at the same time." Rebekah suggests. "That would create a smokescreen, concealing your very small spell from Davina."

"Katie doesn't deserve to die." Sophie argued.

Klaus angrily slams a hand down on the table, standing up. Lunar looks at him and smiles, glancing at Sophie as she lifts a hand to her throat and cuts it across it. "Your dead." She mouths with a smirk.

"Sophie Devereaux. You're in no position to be so principled." Sophie averts her attention from Lunar to Klaus. "You can't win a war without a few strategic losses, no matter how regrettable they may be. How many times have the vampires been one step ahead, known something they shouldn't? Your sister, executed in the public square for practicing magic, who knew she'd be caught? Did she even attempt to flee?"

Sophie sighs. "She was caught hiding in a cargo hold of a freighter before it set sail down the Mississippi."

"And who, pray tell, of Marcel's valued inner circle manages his business at the docks?" Klaus asks.

"Katie's boyfriend, Thierry." Sophie tells them. Klaus turns, looking at Lunar and his sister. Game on.

—————

Lunar enters the Abattoir, gazing up at the acrobats practically swinging from the ceiling. The music thrums, and for a moment she is taken away with the atmosphere.

A waiter walks past and offers her a glass of champagne, Lunar declines before beginning her descent into the party, scanning the crowds for Klaus; or Rebekah.

Spotting Klaus, Lunar begins to head in his direction but stops, seeing him talking to a pretty blonde. Frowning, Lunar is overcome with jealousy she isn't sure she even as the right to feel.