ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ ʜᴜɴᴅʀᴇᴅ fɪᴠᴇ

Kol is still sat in the chair upstairs at the Mikaelson compound, being tortured by Marcel.

"Now, we can keep doing this as long as you want." Marcel yanks the knife from Kol's hand and he yells in pain. "Or.." he bites into his wrist now, force feeding the witch his blood. "I can kill you now, and turn you into a brand new baby vampire."

Kol's hand begins to heal as Marcel holds the knife to his neck threateningly.

"Go on, do it. My mother's got plans for me, whether I like it or not. If I die, she'll just pop me into another body. Not that my family will care that much if the death was permeant." Kol replies.

Marcel stares at him for a moment, before lowering the knife, and beginning to circle the chair.

"What are you really up to? Hmm? What's it got to do with Davina?" Marcel questions now.

"Heh, you think I'm gunna break her little heart? That's downright paternal of you, Marcel." Kol remarks.

Marcel looses his temper now and is ready to thrust the knife into Kol, when Klaus rushes into the room and intervenes.

"Easy, Marcel! Easy!" He grabs Marcel's arm, stopping him. "Let's give Kol a little longer to decide before we lop off his head, hmm?"

"Comments like that? He already thinks that you don't care." Marcel replies.

Klaus looks at Kol now, intrigued. "Is that so, brother?" He asks.

"You only daggered me a dozen times. You always cared more for Marcel than you did for me." Kol says.

"Well, I didn't realise I had hurt your feelings." Klaus replies.

"Yeah, well, that's the thing, innit Nik? You don't know squat about me." Kol shoots back.

"Thanks to Marcel, I know all I need to." Kol rolls his eyes with frustration now. "You're desperate to be part of this family, aren't you?" Klaus realises, watching as Kol looks down at the floor.

"All of your mischief was just attempts for attention. You know, the truth is, Kol, you're right to feel slighted. I mean that. You're right. But, perhaps there's still time to make it up to you." Klaus says, sincerely, and Kol looks up at him with surprise.

- Diner, somewhere outside New Orleans -

Elijah is sitting alone at a booth in the diner, waiting for Rebekah. On edge, he eyes a man sat at the bar with suspicion.

A waitress comes to his table now, refilling Elijah's coffee. Remaining suspicious of the man at the bar, he looks into the waitress' eyes and compels her.

"Tell me, has there been anyone out of the ordinary today?" Elijah questions her.

"Just you." The woman replies, numbly.

Elijah smiles now, moving his coffee cup towards her so she can refill it. As the waitress begins to pour, she accidentally spills some over Elijah's suit jacket and wrist.

"Oh, I am so sorry, let me.." she hastily says, beginning to dab at the spilt coffee.

"It's quite alright. Thank you." Elijah tells her, and the waitress leaves. Elijah looks down at the stain on his sleeve and begins to dab at it, mind wandering to his time spent being tortured by his mother.

He remembers his dream, of chasing Tatia, Lunar, and then, finally, Hayley down the corridor, covered in blood, towards the red door.

His mother's voice rings in his ears now. "I told you to clean yourself up. If you were clean, no one would know what you are or what you've done."