ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fᴏʀᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

➳

Klaus has dug Papa Tunde's blade out from his brother's chest. Elijah remains sitting, recovering from the ordeal.

"We're still trapped in here. Whatever you're going to do to me, do it now." Rebekah says to her brother, they remain amongst the tombs of the Lafayette Cemetery.

"You said our father ruined us. And I can't help but wonder what if his father ruined him?" Klaus says, thinking aloud.

A large gust of wind blows the cemetery gates open, the metal clashes against the stone walls, indicating the boundary spell has now been broken.

"The barrier is down." Klaus comments.

"I know you hate me, but what's done is done." Rebekah says, sadness in her voice as she looks at her brother.

"What's done is never done. It remains within us, a story we tell ourselves so we know who we are. Vicious father, a bastard son, and the sister who betrayed him. Perhaps it's time for a new story. What is it you want, Rebekah?" Klaus asks, looking his sister in the eye.

"Same things I've wanted since I was a child. I want a home. I want a family. I want someone to love me, and I want to live." Rebekah says, tears pool in her eyes and roll down her cheeks slowly.

"Then go. Go far away and never come back. We are far too damaged to remain together, less a family now than a volatile mix of ingredients. New Orleans will be mine. I will raise my child here in the city you took from me. No doubt, Elijah will choose to stay, but you? Sister, you are free." Klaus tells her. She looks up at him, shocked.

Free. That's all she's ever wanted, to be free. She takes one last look at her brother before walking past him, leaving the cemetery. Klaus turns, tears escaping his eyes, as he watches Rebekah leave.

- The Plantation House -

Rebekah is collecting her things, those that didn't burn in the fire.

"I thought I might find you here." Elijah says, entering the burnt building.

"I just came to collect the last of my things that didn't burn to ash. I'll be leaving shortly. I don't suppose you'll join me." She replies.

Elijah smiles, it's awkward and constricted. He, of course, cannot abandon his brother. "I do hope you find everything you're looking for." He says sincerely.

"Elijah, when I brought Mikael, I never for a second meant to hurt you." Rebekah tells him.

"I know." Elijah responds.

"I was certain that Klaus meant to kill me. Whether he never really did at all, or he changed his mind.. maybe somewhere, deep down, he still is the brother we once knew." Rebekah says thoughtfully, a little sad.

"Very deep, but he's still in there." Elijah is certain if it.

"Help him find his way." Rebekah steps forwards, quickly kissing Elijah on the cheek before leaving.

- The Abattoir -

Davina has let Lunar go, at the request of Marcel. She steps into the Abattoir courtyard, guided by the former vampire king, a strong arm holds her own. Her wrists are still raw and blooded. She is tired, but most of all, she is angry and vengeful.

"I'll remember this, Marcel." She hisses, glaring up at the man.

He smiles, letting her go. "Lighten up, Lunar, you was just a pawn in my game. I have rules about hurting children, and currently, you fall into that box." He steps towards her, Lunar protectively reaches to place a hand over her baby bump. "But make no mistake, Lunar Franklin, as soon as that baby is born I'll have no issue finishing this."