ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ fᴏʀᴛʏ sɪx

➳

Elijah follows Klaus at speed, stopping him in his tracks.

"Niklaus, I understand your anger, but I implore you, be better than him. Do what he could not; demonstrate the grace of mercy, rather than this petty cruelty." Elijah tries to reason.

"You ask me to show mercy to one who has wronged me. You really don't know me at all, do you, brother?" Klaus replies.

Before Elijah can respond Rebekah steps out from behind one of the tombs, done with hiding.

"Enough. Whatever I have done wrong, my guilt is nothing compared to yours. You want revenge? Fine. But, before you have it, I will look you in the eye and tell you why it was your cruelty and your spite that led us to this." Rebekah says, standing up to Klaus.

"Go on, then. Speak your piece, and when you are finished, I will grant you the punishment you deserve, even if I have to go through Elijah to do so."

- St Anne's Church attic -

Lunar looks up at the sound of footsteps approaching the attic, groaning when she see's Cami enter the room. "What's she doing here?"

"I called her, to speak to Davina." Marcel says, standing in the doorway.

Lunar raises her eyebrows. "And before you say something, no, you couldn't of been of help." Marcel leaves to speak to Father Kieran downstairs.

"I should've left you to die at the compound." Lunar sighs, annoyed at herself for sparing the human.

"Something made you want to save me." Cami replies, looking at the brunette. "Your subconscious perhaps, or maybe it's because you do this for attention and not because you're evil."

"Don't psychoanalyse me." Lunar snaps, leaning her head back and shutting her eyes, trying to tune out Davina and Cami's talking.

Cami moves to sit on the edge of Davina's bed. "Davina? Marcel told me you were up here. Do you want to tell me what happened?" She asks softly.

Davina sobs. "I died. And at first, I was alone, but then I heard them. Voices, whispering to me."

"Who?" Cami asks.

"The ancestors. They're so angry with me. I used my power against my own, and they said they'd do horrible things to me if I misuse my magic again." Tears roll down the witch's face, fear filling her eyes as she tells Cami what happened.

Downstairs Marcel is talking with Father Kieran. The priest is very sick, thanks to the witches hex on him.

"So, a century ago, you betrayed Klaus, the most dangerous vampire in history, and the only one that can save you is the girl that you had locked in my attic." Kieran says, having been brought up to speed by Marcel. "But, she's a basket case. So really, your only hope is my niece, psychoanalyst to resurrected teen witches. Does that sum it up?"

Marcel paces back and forth. "You're pretty smug for a guy with a witch's hex. Davina's magic is your only shot at a cure."

Kieran stands up now and walks towards Marcel. "Let's not dance around the obvious. This hex is going to be the end of me."

"Look, every spell has a loophole. Alright? You, of all people, should have more faith." Marcel insists.

"I lost my faith when Sean died. When I came back to New Orleans, I had nothing but hope of preventing a war between the vampires and the witches, and now the witches are out of control, and you allowed an Original vampire to take control of the Quarter. No. There is no hope - not for you, not for the city, and certainly not for me." Kieran replies, glumly.