ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

➳

Elijah and Klaus are in the bar room of the Abattoir, looking over Davina's strange drawings.

"The Italian's call them Strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them hexa, and here we call them witch." Elijah is explaining. "Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them. Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all powerful witch until Davina."

"Who is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection." Klaus says, moving to look at Davina's drawings more closely. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over 200 years. I don't understand. Why all these sketches now?" Elijah questions out loud, genuinely puzzled over it.

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus shrugs, moving to sit down on the sofa. He listens in to Marcel and Davina's conversation; it doesn't seem to be going particularly well.

"Well, that's going well." Klaus remarks with a small grin.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea." Elijah responds dryly.

"Oh. Are there anymore inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?" Klaus replies, voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Give me a month, I'll get you a list." Elijah quips.

"Young, old, death or alive, witches are a pain in the ass." Klaus grins, before he hears Marcel's frantic yells.

He stands up, walking the short distance to Davina's room. "What's with all the racket?" Klaus asks Marcel, stepping into the room. He looks at Davina, who is coughing and choking on the bed; vomiting dirt. "Bloody hell." Klaus says, starring wide-eyed from the witch to Marcel.

Lunar stands in the doorway, quietly looking on without anyone noticing. She frowns. This is bad. Hurrying down the hallway, she finds Elijah still surrounded by Davina's artwork of Celeste.

"Elijah. There's something you need to know." Lunar swallows, trying to find the courage deep inside of her.

Before Elijah can reply the house begins to shake, a few things tumble from shelves. Lunar and Elijah rush to the balcony in hopes of figuring out what's happening.

"What the hell is going on?" Rebekah has arrived.

"Davina." Klaus simply replies.

Lunar turns to look at Elijah wide-eyed, she's afraid to open her mouth to speak. She's afraid that he won't forgive her for this.

——————

"Hey. What kind of game are you playing?" Rebekah is in Davina's room whilst the others have gathered elsewhere. "I said disrupt the household, not destroy the whole city!" Rebekah exclaims.

"I didn't do it. Not on purpose. I..I don't know what's wrong with me." Davina stutters, looking up at the blonde Original, fear in her eyes.

- The Bar Room -

"This is madness. How can a 16 year old girl shake the entire French Quarter?" Klaus exclaims, drink in hand as he addresses the others.

"I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this." Marcel admits.