RENT 13 - THE TWO-DAY SEMINAR

Start from the beginning

"How are you feeling, my lady?" Adrian asked as he drove the car out of our block.

"I'm fine, my lord", I playfully replied. He glanced at me and pinched my cheek.

"Play whatever music you want. My iPhone is already connected", Adrian pointed at his iPhone connected on the car. I was about to play it when the wallpaper caught my attention. It was our picture taken at the Banpo Bridge!!!

I stared at it and looked at him. He just smiled at me and focused on the road. This seminar is turning out to be so so fine!!

Since it'll take 3 hours before we reach our destination, we chatted about the usual - our officemates, animes and other geeky stuff. Gosh, I miss talking to a normal person like Adrian! I mean, the last time I've been with Gio, I almost lost my sanity because he keeps on mentioning weapon for destruction!!! GAAHH!!! I don't want to think about his stupid weapon anymore, it's giving me nightmares! Plus he's always shoving that damn chicken on my face! GRRRR. Adrian would never do that!

One thing about me and Adrian, we both have the same interests. He's the one who accompanies me to all my craziness like Comic Con, Cosplays, etc. We're an undefeated duo when it comes to cosplays, I tell you! Last time, we dressed up as Yuki and Zero from Vampire Knight and bagged the awards.

"I'm trying to learn the Elvish language", I proudly said as we both bob our heads in beat with Haruka Kanata - a song of Asian Kung Fu Generation.

"Good for you. I tried to learn the Parseltongue, but I failed", Adrian joked and bit his lips. Omo! He's so cute!!!

"Are you done memorizing the various Ninjutsu from Naruto?" I asked while chuckling.

"I'm just having a hard time with some hand seals. But I've memorized all the ninja techniques, YEAH!!!" he pumped his fist on the air.

This feels so...right. It's so different when I'm with that asshole. I'm sure if he was the one with me in the car, we'll just end up bickering and pissing off each other for the entire journey. Not to mention I will surely die of heart failure before we even reach our destination because that's how magnificently annoying he is.

"We're here!" Adrian announced as we saw the sign leading to our hotel.

"Five points for Gryffindor!" I merrily shouted and we high-fived.

Before we turn right to a curb, I saw another sign about the best sweet buns store in the area. Whoa, I need to buy some for Gio!

Weird. Why am I always thinking about that jerk?

***

SARA

"What?!" Adrian and I chorused at the smug receptionist when she informed us that we will both be staying in one room with one Queen Size bed.

One Room.

One Bed.

"Didn't our company pre-arranged for our accommodation?" Adrian calmly asked before I can even swallow the receptionist whole and spit her tiny bones one by one. She completely ignored me, gave Adrian the sweetest smile and apologized for the inconvenience and explained the situation. Apparently, the hotel is already full due to the seminar that is going to be held here and our company only managed to book us one room. When they called and confirmed with our company, their call was transferred to Miss Park Jeanie (I swear, my bestfriend is evil!) who assured them that just one room is fine.

The receptionist then directed her gaze at me and gave me a lopsided and very fake smile, as if I'm a mere peasant upon her presence. Wow, so much for a five-star hotel. I figured this girl has the hots for Adrian. This is not the first time that this happens but he seems oblivious to it, just like how oblivious he is to my feelings for him. He's that dense! The girl has been trying to inconspicuously give him her phone number scribbled on a post-it note but he didn't even notice it. I smiled inwardly at her futile attempt.