RENT 6 - BOYFRIEND TRAINING

[ Friday ]

Boyfriend Training? Hahahahahaha!!!

Gio pocketed his phone after texting and immediately ducked to dodge the steel bar that was swung onto his head by the man behind him. He spun on his heels and threw a punch at the guy who was about to attack him again. A while ago, he received a text from Sara reminding him of the so-called Boyfriend Training.

He looked around and saw all his men still busy engaging with their own fights. Gio then lazily strode towards the guy pinning their youngest member, Rui, and quickly immobilized the opponent.

“Thank goodness you’re done texting!” Rui exclaimed, almost running out of breath.

“Can we use our guns now, boss?” Light asked after kicking a hooligan on the face.

“That’s too noisy. The Local Bears (cops) might hear us”, Gio replied while dodging a body that was hurled by Toby towards their direction.

“Ooops, sorry”, Toby smiled, trying to act adorable.

“What a big klutz”, Youngjae remarked and all of them burst into laughter.

Gio and his crew were ambushed while inspecting an abandoned building that the Triad plans to buy. These kinds of senseless fights are but a normal part of their life. Light and Rui just got back from an overseas business trip and they can’t wait to hear about their Boss’s recent shenanigan with a girl named Sara Park.

“Toby, do I have any schedule later?” Gio asked, not even flinching while gripping the throat of a man.

“None. Why?”

Boyfriend duties”, he answered matter-of-factly.

“Woohoo!!! Woot! Woot!” Everyone cheered and whistled as if they’re not in the middle of a life and death battle.

***

SARA

I was sitting by the fountain while observing the people that walk past me. He’s late...AGAIN! Heaven help me.

I scanned the place one more time. Na-da. No Gio in sight. I wonder what’s holding him up. Is he alright? I’ve texted him before coming here and he said he’s on his way. I sighed as I watched some people who momentarily stop in front of the fountain to throw a coin and make a wish. That gave me an idea.

I threw a bunch of coins, clasped my hands and made a wish. Then I went back to being miserable.

I pulled out my iPad and started to review the codes of my programmers. Might as well be productive while waiting, right? I got too preoccupied with what I’m doing; oblivious to the noise around me.

“Unnie, watch out!!!” a kid’s voice slashed through my consciousness. I lifted my head and saw a huge coin flying directly towards my face! I’m absolutely certain it will hit me! IT WILL HIT ME!!! Oh my gosh, why is my body not moving!