"When they come after you, I wont be able to protect you. I can't protect anyone."

"Well now you have to do it. Get me what I want and I will be able to protect myself."

"No you wont! Trust me, all it does is make things worse."

"Yeah you can hear anything and run faster than humanly possible. Sounds like a real hardship to me McCall."

"Yeah I can run really fast now, except half the time I'm running away from people trying to kill me! And I can hear things like my girlfriend telling people that she doesn't trust me anymore, right before breaking up with me. I'm not lying to you! It ruins your life." 

"It ruined your life. You had all the power in the world and you didn't know what to do with it. You know what it's actually like? It's like you turned 16 and someone bought you a Porsche when they should have started you with a nice little Honda. Me? I drive a Porsche." Jackson says before driving off.

"Well." I said awkwardly before getting a text from Lydia. "Um Scott?"

"Yeah?" He said with a sigh.

"Allison and Lydia are out by the Hale house if you wanna go and give her the necklace?"

"I thought you said they were going shopping today?" He replied with a confused face.

"Allison wanted to do something before they did, Lydia's bored so she texted me. Go, or you'll miss them."

"Okay, just, keep an eye on Jackson okay?" 

"Got it." I replied pointing at him and he nodded before taking off in a run. "I wish I got powers like that. It would make PE so much easier." I said mostly to myself and I heard a chuckle from behind me.

"Come on." Stiles said gesturing towards the Jeep and we both climb up.

~~~

At the end of the day we went back to Stiles' house for a Marvel movie marathon, and as we went in to the kitchen to get the snacks we saw Noah sat at their dining room table.

"Whatcha doin'?" Stiles asks, a cheeky smirk on his face as he looks over to his dad.

"Work."

"Anything we can help with?"

"You know if you poured me an ounce of whiskey, that would be awfully nice." He said and Stiles ran to get the bottle and I grabbed a glass from the cabinet, setting it down on the table as Stiles got his hand batted away from being nosy.

"You know I can't discuss leads with you." He said as he looked over another page of notes, and I rested my head on Stiles' shoulder as he poured his dad some whiskey. "Not too much."

"There you go. Bottoms up." Stiles says and I look at the glass of whiskey, almost full to the top before Stiles clamps his hand on my mouth and Noah downs the whole glass.

"You know, Derek Hale would be a hale of a lot... A hale of a lot..." Noah said, confused at his own words, and I gently shake my head as Stiles uncovers my mouth.

"Hell of a lot?" Stiles tries.

"Hell. Yes. He would be a hell of a lot easier to catch if we could get an actual picture of him."

"How do you not have a picture of him?" Stiles asks.

"It's the weirdest thing, every time we try to get a mug shot, it's like two laser beams were pointing at the camera." He says and Stiles takes the picture from him hands and we look at it in confusion.

"My god. That ounce hit me like a brick. And I... I've said too much and if you two repeat any of that."

"Noah, you know you can trust us, come on." I say, reassuring him.