Epilogue

That was one of the hardest days for Peter. He had lost the love of his life. The girl who owned his heart. He didn't come out of his room for months. He would mope around and cry. A part of him died that day, and everyone saw it. He didn't go out as Spider-man because it reminded him of when he went on patrol with Charlie. He couldn't face Michelle and Ned, he couldn't tell them that their best friend was dead. Slowly he recovered. His heart would always be broken. His mind would always wonder to the girl that stole his heart and broke it with her death. But he began coming out of his room and talking with May. He began going on patrol again and eventually he went to school. It was hard for him telling his friends about Charlie's death but he did it. The world worshipped Flame. The news reporters constantly spoke about the hero who sacrificed herself for the safety of New York. Everyone gossiped about it and whenever Peter heard her name his heart broke all over again but healed too knowing that what she did wasn't being brushed aside it was being recognised by everyone. Graffiti artists had made pieces of art work dedicated to her, memorials were scattered all over the city and whenever Peter saw them he couldn't help but smile.

Now he was a boy, in his last year of school, a superhero and a boy who had lost the most important thing to him. Yet he was still determined as ever and wasn't going to let his heart break affect his life anymore. Instead he used Charlie's image to heal himself. Every night he would go to the rooftop and lie there looking up at the glistening stars, knowing that the girl he loved was glistening amongst them.

"I love you Charlie Williams."

Thank you so much for reading this book! Hope you enjoyed it!