1 - Taking Chances

Start from the beginning

"I'm finally going to see BTS."

After a while, I decided that it was time for me to get up and get ready for work. I start to look through my closet and pick out the first thing that I could find. I throw it on still half asleep and move on to doing my hair. I decided to just let it be and have it down in its soft waves. I move on to doing my makeup; only doing my eyebrows, eyelashes, and putting a bit of concealer under my under eyes just to cover them a bit.

After all that, I was ready to head to work.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"안녕 (annyeong)!"

I walk out my last client of the day and then make my way back to my station. I slumped down in my chair and closed my eyes for a bit. I was so tired and my feet were killing me.

It wasn't too long ago since I graduated from beauty school and got my first job at the current salon that I'm at. Even though it's only been a year, I was able to get my name out there and establish myself as a good hair and makeup artist. What mainly helped me grow was my unique passion for Korean beauty. Since there are a lot of Korean people where I live and there weren't a lot of stylists that specialized in it and it wasn't long until people found out that I specialized in korean hair and makeup.

But lately I've felt that I haven't been doing enough. There was something telling me that I could do more than what I'm doing now. My main goal is to work in South Korea as a stylist and establish my name there. Maybe even work with idols, but that would be a very slim possibility.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I finally made it home and went straight to the bathroom to take a hot shower. After I was done, I ate dinner and watched a little bit of The Office. After a while I checked my phone and it was only 9:20 pm, but I felt pretty tired today for some reason. I decided to call it a day and head back to my beloved bed that I've missed all day.

I plopped down on my bed and closed my eyes. A while later I opened them and looked up at my ceiling, thinking about random things, but mainly about my future and what I would do. I reach for a business card on my nightstand that I've kept for a year and hold it right in front of me looking at it for the millionth time this week.

Debra Walker
International Makeup and hair stylist
***-***-****

All of my dreams can come true with just one text and I knew that really well, but I don't know what's holding me back from making it a reality. Ok maybe not my dream, but my second dream that I decided to settle on and that seemed a little more realistic than my original dream.

After an hour of just looking at the stupid card, I decided to just do it. So I did.

Hello, My name is Ally Navaro. I'm not sure
If you remember me, but you came to my
School a little over a year ago and gave me
Your business card if I ever needed anything.
I'm not going to waste your time, so I'll get to
Point... I want to work in the korean industry
As a stylist and I need your help to make that
Possible. I'm willing to do anything to make this
Dream of mine come true.

As soon as I sent the text, I threw my phone across my room and hid under my blankets, screaming into my pillow in disbelief of what I just did.

I really doubt that she'll even answer. Maybe she even changed her number or maybe she'll be too busy to even read my message. She probably has hundreds of other people texting her for a favor as well that she won't even have time to text me.

Not wanting to think about it anymore, I drift into a deep sleep.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

*RING RING RING*

"Shut up..."

*RING RING RING*

I tried to find my phone to put it in silence, but then I remembered that I didn't have it next to me so I decided to give up looking for it, but thankfully it stopped ringing so I just decided to go back to sleep.

*RING RING RING*

"Seriously!"

I jump out of my bed all annoyed and decide to pick it up without looking at the caller ID.

"What!" I say all annoyed.

"Ally Navaro? Sorry to call so early, but it's Debra Walker."

"H-Hi... " Taken back just a bit by her call I sat down on the floor against my wall mentally facepalming myself.

"I got your text last night, so let's talk."

————

A.N.

To those who have finished this chapter, I want to thank you for even clicking on my book 😳  First chapters are either a hit or miss for people so I apologize if it wasn't too interesting, but hopefully it was relatable in some way.

To those who are currently reading or are giving my book another chance, I did change half of the first chapter since I wasn't really satisfied with how it was written out originally.

I tried really hard to make the beginning interesting and that would make you in a way keep reading and unfortunately I did not feel that I was achieving that with the original writing.

I hope you guys enjoyed this first chapter and that y'all would give my book a try ;)

- Ash