38 - Not Ready

Ally's P.O.V

"Shining through the city with a little funk and soul
Light it up like dynamite, whoa oh oh!"

The boys have been working so hard these past weeks to prepare for the release of their new song! On occasions I'd bring them little snacks and drinks to help them keep up. Today I prepared the guys mini fruit bowls to keep them refreshed as well as extra waters.

As soon as I walked into the practice room, I could hear the boys trying to catch their breath from all the dancing. When they finally see me, they let out a sigh of relief and head towards me to get their snacks.

"You're the best..." I couldn't help but smile at Jin's comment.

"What would we do without you, Ally?"

"I don't know, maybe die of exhaustion?" Namjoon and I both lightly laugh at my response as he chugs down half of his water bottle.

Usually, I would stay and watch the boys practice upon Taehyung's request and I was about to until I saw that Bang Si-Hyuk was in the room as well.
I was just about to open the door when I heard my name being called.

"Ally, I didn't see you at the auditions." Bang walks towards my direction as I turn around. "I was hoping to see you, but you never showed up. I was a bit disappointed."

WHAT THE HECK DO I SAY?! Ok, calm down and make up an excuse. Just tell him you've been busy.

"I've been busy lately with work and personal matters that I guess I forgot." I really hope that was convincing.

"Well, you have time now, don't you? Why don't you audition right now?."

My heart just stopped beating. Currently, my head had a million thoughts racing through it this very second. All of a sudden I felt someone bump my shoulder which took me out of my thoughts. It was Taehyung standing next to me. Hoseok immediately comes walking toward us as well as Jimin and pulls me away from Si-Hyuk.

"Ally, you have to do it. This is your chance." I looked at Hoseok unable to believe what he was just saying to me.

"Ally..." I looked over at Jimin now who placed his hand gently on my shoulder and looked at me. "It doesn't hurt to try. I just don't want you to look back years from now and regret not taking this opportunity."

"You'll do great, Ally." Tae gave me his warm and reassuring smile. The same one he gave me that night when we sang together. That was enough to give me at least a little sense of tranquilly, but I was still panicking.

"I guess, but I don't kn-"

"She'll do it!"

What?!

"Hoseok, I'm not ready!"

"Yes you are. Now go up there and sing." He pushes me towards the middle of the room with all the guys looking at me including Si-Hyuk. But before he leaves me alone he asks what song.

I signal him to come closer to me and I whisper in his ear my song choice. My anxiety was skyrocketing right now but there was no turning back now. What I was mainly nervous about was singing a song in front of the person who wrote it.

Soon the intro to Eight starts playing. My fists were curled up into fits right now, but I took a few deep breaths which seemed to help a bit. I think.

So are you happy now?
Finally happy now, are you?

There's no going back now...

뭐 그대로야 난
다 잃어버린 것 같아

I tried my best to not show how nervous I was which I was really good at doing, but it was really hard to do, especially in this situation.