46 - Always

Ally's P.O.V.

I was currently working on the concepts for comeback season, but I couldn't focus. In reality, I was actually done with the concepts, but decided to "look them over again" as a distraction.

I've been shaking my leg from how anxious I am and I keep looking at my phone every 5 mins.

"Shake your leg any longer and I won't hesitate on breaking it." Mona's vicious choice of words were enough to snap me out of my trance and look at her in disbelief.

"Sorry, I'm just..."

"Nervous? Yea, I can tell. You've been like this all day."

"I can't help it, supposedly we should be getting an email by today or tomorrow if we passed or not."

"It's only 11:30 am. I'm pretty sure they'll send out the email later today."

11:30 am?... Maybe she's right. But she could also be wrong...

"Come on, let's go get some coffee."

"I don't think coffee will cheer me up right now." As soon as I say this, Mona gets up from her chair, walks over to me, and starts pulling my arm.

"Nope, get up. We're getting coffee."

"Mona..." The more I start to whine, the more she starts to pull me out of my chair. After a while, she finally succeeded and we both made our way to a cafe.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"You know what, maybe coffee is what I needed. I feel a little better now." I take a sip of my coffee and feel my body fill up with joy as my taste buds enjoy the sweet, yet bitter cup of happiness.

"Duh. Coffee is happiness."

As we were walking into the company, we noticed a group of girls in the lobby. As normal, I just ignored it and kept walking until I heard them scream.

Mona and I turn our view to them and see how some of them are jumping in excitement. But I suddenly feel my heart ache a bit when I hear them say "I passed the auditions!"

While looking at them in their moment of celebration, I couldn't help but feel slight jealousy. I take a look at my phone, only to be disappointed; no notifications.

"I guess I got my answer..."I softly spoke to myself as I forced myself to turn away and head back to work.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I'm currently sitting in front of my couch, watching Start Up while trying so hard not to yell at Dal-mi for not picking Han Ji-pyeong. Suddenly I heard a knock on my door and that was enough to cause slight anxiety in me.

I quickly turned on my phone to see that it was 10 pm. Who would be here this late? While slowly getting up, I look for something to use as a weapon just to be on the safe side.

As they knock again, I set my eyes on my table lamp close to the door. With my hand on the doorknob, I mentally prepare myself for what could happen and without taking any longer, I quickly open the door.

"Hey-...."

I opened my eyes, since I had them closed and to my surprise, I found Jungkook staring at me with so much confusion and shock. Discovering that it was just him, I put down my lamp back on the table.

"I brought food..."

I quickly move out of the and signal him to come in. As I turn to close the door, I mentally curse at myself for being an idiot and embarrassing myself yet again.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

"Is that why you haven't been responding to my texts all day?"

"No."

Maybe.

"I've been busy trying to distract myself all day that I didn't really have time to do anything else."

Jungkook and I were currently sitting on my bed, side by side, eating ramen and drinking soju.

"I'm pretty sure that they just haven't gotten around to sending everyone who auditioned an email yet. You just have to be patient."

"I'm sick and tired of being patient though..." At this point I couldn't help it anymore, but to show how I'm really feeling at the moment.

I hear Jungkook put down his ramen on my bedside table as I just look down at mine and no longer having an appetite. Soon, I feel the sleeve of my shirt being tugged. I look up to find Jungkook with his arms spread out.

"What are you doing?"

"Come here." I just looked at him, not being in the mood to really do anything, but he kept on insisting that I finally gave in.

I place my ramen on my table and then make my way into Jungkook's arms. As he embraces me, he gently pats my head.

"I hate seeing you upset. It breaks my heart. But I want you to know that regardless if you pass or not, I'll always be by your side."

At this moment, my eyes started to fill up with tears, but I tried really hard to suppress them.

"Just because you don't pass this audition, doesn't mean that it'll be the end. But I also don't want you to stress about it."

I'm not sure if it was his caring hug and soft words or just me not being able to hold my emotions in anymore that I finally let myself cry.

As I let my tears come out, I wrap my arms around Jungkook tightly and just let myself be comforted. He seemed to have noticed as he stopped talking and just hugged me tighter.

After what seemed like forever, he pulls away, but then grabs my face with both his hands and makes me look at him.

"No matter what happens, I'll be here because I love you."

He gently pulls me close and places a soft kiss on my forehead. I couldn't help, but smile like an idiot at this. He knew exactly what to say to make me feel better. If it wasn't for him being here with me through this time in my life, I wouldn't know what I would do.

"Now, I don't know about you, but I think Nam Do San deserves Dal-Mi."

"And you just had to ruin the moment." I push him away after hearing his unpleasant words.

"I'm just speaking the truth."

"If you know what's good for you, then you should shut up." I slightly reach out with my arms and pinch both of his cheeks.

A/N

I'm so sorry for uploading late, but I've been so busy with work 🥲 Anyways I decided to do a quick update while I had time and I hope this was good for y'all.

We are halfway through the story or maybe even a little more but I'm so dedicated on finishing this! 😤

Did you guys listen to Film Out?! It's so good! 😭