(12) Bounderies

The pub was large. It had a restaurant attached and a large hotel above so naturally Robert booked his family into the hotel for the night so they could take some time away from the hustle of the Welsh family.

It was around 12pm when Arabella fell asleep in Kimberly's lap. They knew that they should all defiantly head right to bed at that point.

Kimberly waves over her grandfather and three uncles which were the only people Kimberly actually knew and remembered still in the large establishment. Mark come over, clearly drunk — whenever he was drunk he would walk while pushing his stomach out and he held a toothy grin — and noticed his great granddaughter asleep, her head resting on his granddaughter's shoulder. He smiled at the sight.

Her uncles soon made their way over and Kimberly then opened her mouth to speak. "Were going to head up to bed. If you need me or anything, and I mean anything please phone me. Okay?" Even if she was the youngest in the family she still wanted to look after them.

Robert lifted his daughter from the mother of his children and held her close, attempting to keep her asleep.

"The same to you." Dani nodded, also highly intoxicated.

Rhys leant in for a hug and left a sloppy kiss on Kim's cheek making her grimace. "You just got more dribble on me than either of my kids have in sixteen years." She commented leaving Rhys to laugh and walk off. Oh so drunk.

"Goodnight, babe." Caleb hugged. "I know this is hard for you, possibly harder for you than us, but keep it together, you're a tough cookie. A lot stronger than us anyway." Kimberly looked amazed. She wasn't expecting Caleb to say that, ever, to any kind of person in the world. She didn't even think Caleb was capable of sharing something so sincere.

"Thank you." She offered a small smile.

Caleb returned the smile. "Goodnight." And he walked off, also very much intoxicated.

Mark laid a kiss on his granddaughters forehead. "Don't let this get you down. You've got so much in your life that you can't be getting down over these things. Be proud of yourself. You've showed that woman something she always wanted to see — one of her kids making something of themselves. And when she began loosing hope you come and sprung out the business, a loving husband and two beautiful kids, and so so much more."

"But I'm not actually your child." Kim furrowed her brows and shook her head.

"The moment your mother died me and your grandmother took you in as our own. We've pictured you as ours ever since you were a little seven year old running out the garden with the dog because that bastard dog seemed to cheer you up no matter what happened, even after your mum passed."

Kimberly had tears building up in her eyes that were there threatening to spill. She hugged her grandpa and wished him a goodnight and told him he'd see her the very next day.

She escaped up the stairs with her husband and children before he said something else too emotional and Kimberly began crying like a big baby.

The family reached their hotel rooms, Robert paid for two which had a door between so they wouldn't be separate. One room held a double bed while the other held two singles. Robert carried Arabella into the room with the two beds, he placed her down in the one on his left and kissed her forehead goodnight.

"Shit. We don't have pyjamas for her, she's not going to be comfy sleeping in that." Kimberly blinked and looked around the room as if pyjamas for her little girl would appear out of nowhere.

Jenkin was in the middle of getting out of his suit when he passed his white shirt over to his mother. "She can wear that." Kimberly gave a small smile in return and took the material from her son.

Jenkin dived in his bed only wearing his underwear and let out a moan of comfort making Robert and Kimberly chuckle to themselves. As Kimberly stripped her daughter of her white and grey thin-striped dress, Robert entered his and Kimberly's room — the door between the two still open — and began to rid of his clothes.

Kimberly held her daughter in an up sitting position and slipped the shirt around her back, pulling her arms through each sleeve before allowing her to lay back down, her not awoken once. Defiantly like her father.

Once Kimberly had finished buttoning up the soft material she kissed both her children a goodnight, and entered her room, kicking off her heels that she had worn all night and sighed at the relief of her feet.

She flicked on the bedside light and looked into the little mirror on the wall, taking her makeup wipes out of her small handbag and began rubbing off the stuff.

She pulled off her turtleneck first, exposing her white lace bra when she saw her husband smile in the reflection of the mirror. She offered a weak smile in return while tugging off her trousers causing Robert to walk up behind his wife with his shirt in his hand. He wrapped the shirt around her, spinning her around to face him and kissed her forehead. "Well done." He whispered.

"For what?" She asked back, not quite understand what she was being praised for.

"For being so strong today. I know it was tough. Well done. She's proud of you and you know it." Robert dressed his wife as they spoke, similar to how Kimberly had just dressed her daughter.

"Thank you for staying all these years." Kimberly raises in her toes and stole a kiss once the shirt was buttoned up.

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Robert smiled and stole a kiss for himself. He lifted Kimberly with a smile and laid her down in the bed, getting in next to her.

The two got cozy in bed, their arms wrapped around each other as they stole continuous kiss. "Do you have money I can have?" A loud, drunken voice slurred. Grace had barged in the room, her heels in her hand along with an empty purse.

Kim groaned, not even bothering to look up. "How did you even get in here Gracey?" Kim scooted closer time Robert, hooking her leg over his and hiding her face in his chest.

"The hotel know us with the amount of funerals we've had here. They gave me a key to get in." She rushed out. "Now give me money. I ran out."

"No." She didn't even bother to sound nice while saying it.

"Oh come onnn." Grace whined. "Robert, can I-"

"Gracey-May, what're you do- Oh! The Mitchells!" Zoe appeared at the door, also incredibly drunk.

Kimberly sighed. My children are asleep. She didn't appreciate them being so loud. "Hi." She mumbled, not even moving from the position she was in.

Robert's hand was on the back of Kimberly's head as he played with her hair, also not impressed by all this noise. "Hello."

"Awh, you two are cute." Zoe smiles and leaned against her girlfriend.

"Thank you. I hate to be rude but it's awfully late and my kids are asleep. Do you mind just...? We can talk tomorrow instead if you'd like." Kimberly turned to look at the two women standing in her doorway.

"Oh, yes. Okay, sorry." Zoe giggled slightly. "I wanna meet your kids tomorrow."

"Okay okay." Kimberly spoke and turned back to snuggle into her husband. "Goodbye."

"Byeeee." Grace sang and pulled her girlfriend out of the room.

"Why is Grace so annoying?" Jenkin groaned.

Kimberly couldn't help but laugh. "Because she doesn't have boundaries."

"Like you?" Jenkin spoke to his mother, holding in a chuckle.

"Hey, don't talk to me like that." Kim laughed. "But yes. Now go to sleep."