𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟶: 𝙴𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝙸𝚗 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚂𝚙𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜' 𝚆𝚎𝚋𝚜.

Thank you so much for #1 out of 22.1K+ stories for the category of dragon (as of 21/6/2020). Its such an amazing rank, I'm speechless and there are not enough words in the dictionary for me to express my thanks! ❤️❤️ Enjoy the chapter! 🥺❤️

____________________
Drakiania's POV;
Exiting the castle grounds, I brought my Sleipnir to a trot and navigated through the crowded walkways of the Empire that was choked full with human traffic. My light armour rubbed and clinked against each other, the Lance that rested across my back rocked back and forth, making a dull metallic sound everytime it rocked back to meet my back. The Sleipnir huffed contentedly, and trotted down the walkways of the Empire. The citizens automatically made way for me, the horse armour announcing my arrival as I made my way through the traffic laden streets.

The citizens of the Empire were surprisingly cheery and easy going for being people under the rule of someone called the "Bloody Emperor". Because Sleipnirs were a rare accommodation even for the higher ranking nobles, they knew that I was indeed someone of a high ranking that stood near their Emperor. They smiled and greeted me as I bypassed them, shop owners bartering goods along the walkways offered their goods for free to which I graciously declined. Normal citizens who happened to pass the area all reached out their hands towards me for a handshake of sorts, bowing if they received one or simply waving if I happened to miss them. The children all stood to the side and looked on in awe of the either the Sleipnir or me. Though I don't know which they are more drawn to, probably this beautiful equestrian...

I gave some citizens one last wave before looking up at the sky, noting that I had to pick up my pace should I wish to get to the tomb before the hired workers got into the tomb. I pet the side of the Sleipnir's neck before giving his sides a firm kick to burst him into a canter followed by a quick gallop, heading straight for the main exit of the Empire. Easily bypassing the guards who maned the customs, they saluted me as I passed them and the steady stream of people entering the Empire.

____________________
I arrived at the clearing overlooking the entrance in to the fake tomb, retracted the reigns on my Sleipnir to slow it down from a gallop to a walk. The Workers seem to be loading their belongings and supplies onto the large caravans provided by the Emperor under the guise of Count Femmel. The butler who seems to be the one who gave instructions was present, he was stood near the entrance of one of the caravans with his back facing me. I swivelled my head around the area to try to get a glimpse of any familiar face, well armour or clothing, and spotted Ains and Naberal standing off to a corner unnoticed by any of the bustling Workers.

The noise that the group of them caused was enough to drown out the soft clinking of the horse armour and my light armour. I just stopped the Sleipnir a ways behind the butler and sat back, the reigns slacked in my hands, watching the group converse and work. Even as I watched the inferior beings gather and scramble around, I couldn't help but feel a twinge of jealousy. That's how we were before every raid, we would gather in the Round Table room or right in front of the entrance to the boss battles and just talk.

My crimson eyes scanned the group of Workers. There was the white haired arrogant 'prodigy'; Erya Uzruth, the man who made his whole party known as Tenmu out of slaved elves. He reeked of snobbism. My eyes wondered over to his pitiful slaves, taking in their miserable states, the gnawing flame of hatred for humanity in my grew. I would enjoy watching all of them die tonight.

Next was a stout bearded man; Gringham, belonging to the group Heavy Masher. He took on the appearance of one similar to that of a dwarf and seemed rather confident but not as bad as the previous pretty boy. According to the files Demiurge gave me, their combat prowess was on par with that of mithril , a team made up of humans. "They belong in the trash"; is what I told Demiurge... I wonder if he really took that state the literally. I could feel the smirk on my face grow as I though about all the ways that Demiurge would have interpreted my passing comment. Never a dull moment with Ulbert's child huh...